Hotmail new update has deleted my entire hotmail contents

Sorry about your loss, but this would've been my comment also.

Been a LONG time since I've used it, but that exact thing has happened to me a couple times, way back when.

Hotmail is one of the most spam infested, worthless web mails in existence!!

As much as I hate Gmail also, even it is better than Hotmail!

I very very rarely get spam in my hotmail, maybe its something you're doing? And how exactly is it worthless please do explain to me? Everything gmail has, hotmail does and like one or two extras.

And I've been using it since it first came out way back in the 90s.

Try Yahoo Mail.

It's horrific.

And as for your Hotmail problem, you're likely not to see your mail again. It's a sad fact, but true. You may wish to bother the hell out of them until they buckle down and actually do something, or just... like others suggested, move to a different email service.

Sorry about your loss, but this would've been my comment also.

Been a LONG time since I've used it, but that exact thing has happened to me a couple times, way back when.

As much as I hate Gmail also, even it is better than Hotmail!

I've been using Hotmail forever. My account is over 10 years old. Lets face it. Unless you're using a private/paid for email service, you will get a lot of spam no matter what.. The new rollout has decreased the spam by a lot though.

I've basically switched to it being a general account to sign up for things and the like. I've never really had a problem with it though.

Unless you're using a private/paid for email service, you will get a lot of spam no matter what..

I have been using Gmail since June 2004. A month after it came out due to the fact my brother was one of the lead designers on the GMail team.

I get maybe, maybe 4 pieces of junk email a day.

after i had a hotmail account many years ago i kept a yahoo account but after awhile i managed to get an invite when gmail was invite only and i invited a few people too and i have been a happy camper with gmail. hotmail had/has a lot of ads and it was super slow and yahoo at the time was really good(i still think it is decent) but i prefer gmail. it is simple and i has never failed and did i mention they don't have ads and the interface is very simple and clean.

after i had a hotmail account many years ago i kept a yahoo account but after awhile i managed to get an invite when gmail was invite only and i invited a few people too and i have been a happy camper with gmail. hotmail had/has a lot of ads and it was super slow and yahoo at the time was really good(i still think it is decent) but i prefer gmail. it is simple and i has never failed and did i mention they don't have ads and the interface is very simple and clean.

Really? Odd how I have ads then. Hotmail has an ad in the exact same position for years now, and as far as I can remember its been that way ever since they brought out the interface that looks like this (including the old wave 1 / 2 ones). Not to mention with the hotmail one you can always click the [x] next to it to get rid of the ad for your current session.

• 3 weeks later...

Posting on behalf of the mrs - she logged into Hotmail and discovered that 5 years worth of emails have suddenly vanished.

What's odd is that the last few weeks worth are ok, and then some emails from 2002-2003 haven't been deleted?!?!

Asked a question via the Windows Live Help and apparently they can't be recovered....

• 5 months later...

Why is it terrible? I have been using it since the beginning and it has worked to my satisfaction. Agreed, it is somewhat slow. It has ads which are sometimes a distraction. But it works. You cannot just make a blanket statement without any reasons.

Nope its true, hotmail sucks ass...besides this isnt the first time they have lost emails

Never had any issues with hotmail , i used windows live domains for my custom email addresses.

The update had no effect on me...

As always...Holy! Thread Resurrection Batman! :p

This was an issue back from last fall and was quickly fixed by Microsoft...why did you dig up an old thread?