Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

though I'm not sure the Joker would be in this film even if Heath were still alive

He wouldn't. He felt the Joker was iconic to the Batman franchise, but ultimately once you'd done him, what more could he be used for (H.Quinn possible?)

Imagine a Nolanized Bane. An ex drug cartel mercenary addicted to drugs now a serial killer.

Very much: win!

I've always wanted to see Bane used in Nolan's world. Even if it was just a cameo as he walks through Arkham. Hopefully he makes the next villain more of an adversary. Riddler/Joker are just psychological villains. I want to see Batman go up against some huge tank of a ******. Like the cartoons/comics.

I think the Penguin would be great, he could fit right in to Nolans world, he could be a fat mob boss...... Bane could be working for him as a hired assiasin ;)

I think the Penguin would be great, he could fit right in to Nolans world, he could be a fat mob boss...... Bane could be working for him as a hired assiasin ;)

Now thats plausible, very. I like the realism Nolan brings this comic characters. I know some dislike it, but I absolutely love it. Just don't bring back Uma character, ugh.. Joel Schumacher I'll never forgive you.

While over at the New York Comic Con, Mark Millar has made a few very interesting "Tweets" via his Twitter account (which you can find by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page) where he reveals that he knows who the villains will be in the next installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise!

"Oh, wait. Con gossip: I know who the villain(s) are in Batman 3 and the big scene outside Gotham sounds awesome. Totally timely locale."

"One of the villains is from my favourite childhood run on the character. Again, very unexpected."

ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype has learned that Warner Bros. Pictures is looking to shoot Christopher Nolan's third Batman movie in New Orleans starting in April. We assume that won't be the only location they'll be filming, but the studio must like the city after recently wrapping Green Lantern there.

Source

It started like this: ComingSoon reported that Batman 3 would shoot in April in New Orleans. And then comics writer Mark Millar dropped a pair of tweets that went as follows:

1) Oh, wait. Con gossip: I know who the villain(s) are in Batman 3 and the big scene outside Gotham sounds awesome. Totally timely locale.

2) One of the villains is from my favourite childhood run on the character. Again, very unexpected.

So, Millar (who I don?t often believe to begin with) mentions a non-Gotham locale, which dovetails with the unconfirmed report of New Orleans, which has swamps, and naturally Killer Croc?s name comes up. Totally solid, right? Especially since Killer Croc first appeared in 1983, when Millar would have been 13. Does that count as within the timeframe for favorite childhood run in Batman? Maybe.

Killer Croc isn?t too difficult a character concept to wrap one?s head around, but here?s some background:

Waylon Jones is a former crocodile wrestler turned into a criminal deformed by a birth defect. He has low intelligence but great strength, as well as crocodilian abilities, such as a keen sense of smell and the ability to hold his breath underwater for long periods of time.

Source

I am VERY glad that it won't be the Riddler (assumed)...

Too close to the Joker and too much of a cereberal challenge. Sure Killer Croc would be awesome, but he would need a mentor or boss to challenge Batman on other levels, but to me the Riddler is not that man.

Joker and Riddler are two VERY different criminals.

I think Nolan could do some extremely cool things with that character.

Agreed. Riddler's very different.

I think the only reason why people love TDK so much is because of you know who. I mean, he won the oscar after all. Not that I'm saying he didn't deserve it, or that it was a bad performance, but the movie worked because of the entire puzzle coming together. Plus, as you said it wasn't the usual rehash of things before it (though it didn't really do anything "new" so to speak either). and had some really great action scenes of course.

I think that detracts from the fact that Batman Begins was also a great movie.

I just hope that Christian Bale tones down the grumbling of his voice when he speaks as Batman in 3. I mean, come on it was horrible in spots lol

It sounds funky, but it's intentional.

It's to clearly cover his voice so that people do not recognize him out of costume. I agree though, that it was a little weird sometimes, but, personally, I think it fit. Maybe they will "make" some voice over thing and build it into his mask this time around.

Bale even said himself that his voice was poor at times. Apparently he had a almost lost his voice during the filming of the dark knight, hence it sounded even worse at times.

I always though they should have just distorted it digitally.

It's to clearly cover his voice so that people do not recognize him out of costume. I agree though, that it was a little weird sometimes, but, personally, I think it fit. Maybe they will "make" some voice over thing and build it into his mask this time around.

I loved Batman Begins. It is one of the best origin story movies so far (if not the best honestly). :)

His voice was just way to bad at some points. I can understand the whole thing so that people won't know who he is etc, but there were points where I couldn't understand him at all. I literally had to read the subtitles on the DVD to see what the hell he said. That's not good :p

i think everyone knew this was eventually going to happen simply because of the bottom line which is $$$ as both recent Batman films made lots of money.

so even if Batman 3 makes half as much as The Dark Knight it will be a big success

[...]

(There's a previous thread that was getting to big with rumours so made this one for news!)

Good idea.

I've closed the other thread and pointed everyone here, informing them this is the thread to discuss confirmed news. I don't want to end up with 2 threads discussing the same thing, which could happen if the other is left open.

Yeah, I always just thought he obviously did it so people don't recognize his voice. It makes sense.