Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

Nope. All time best origin story goes to Unbreakable.

Hands down. :)

I agree with that actually. The only problem is, people see it's by M. Night Shamayalayanana and instantly brush it off as sucktastic. Which is sad, because the movie rocks.

Bale even said himself that his voice was poor at times. Apparently he had a almost lost his voice during the filming of the dark knight, hence it sounded even worse at times.

I always though they should have just distorted it digitally.

My cat does a better Batman voice when he's throwing up hairballs.

277736673.jpg

Tom Hardy cast in "Batman 3"

While Tom Hardy's plan to play Mad Max in the George Miller-directed Mad Max: Fury Road has hit another delay, the fast-rising Hardy's in the mix for another big film at Warner Bros. I'm told that Hardy has been set by his Inception director Chris Nolan for a lead role in the next Batman film at Warner Bros. Insiders are keeping the role secret and won't even say if he's up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption. Hardy has followed up Inception with lead roles in the Tomas Alfredson-directed adaptation of the John Le Carre novel Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, and he's currently starring with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon in the McG-directed Fox comedy This Means War. CAA reps Hardy, who's expected to return to Fury Road when it goes.

My cat does a better Batman voice when he's throwing up hairballs.

I LOL'ed and nearly choked on my green tea at that :D

As for Tom Hardy. I say cool. I think he's a pretty damn good actor, and can play a villian pretty well. I just wonder which villian (or non-villian) he's gonna be cast as....

Tom Hardy's a great actor, but I'm trying to think of him being the villain in Batman and really hitting it home like Cilian Murphy or Heath Ledger did. I just can't see him having any sort of diabolical or crazy portrayal.

I was really hoping for a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Riddler, personally. But I'm confident Nolan knows what he's doing.

Tom Hardy's a great actor, but I'm trying to think of him being the villain in Batman and really hitting it home like Cilian Murphy or Heath Ledger did. I just can't see him having any sort of diabolical or crazy portrayal.

All I gotta say is think way back when Ledger was first set to become the Joker. I, along with thousands of others (probably including you, don't lie), were at least semi-skeptical. And look at what he produced. These actors have the capacity.

I was really hoping for a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Riddler, personally. But I'm confident Nolan knows what he's doing.

I highly suggest you watch Bronson and then try to say that again.

Last week comic book writer Mark Millar said in a tweet that he knows who the villain(s) will be in Christopher Nolan's Batman 3. He went on to say that,

One of the villains is from my favourite childhood run on the character. Again, very unexpected.

He didn't reveal who these villains were at the time. It was revealed today that Tom Hardy was cast as a lead character in Batman 3, I assumed he would play a villain. Not long after the news broke Millar tweeted the following,

Tom Hardy as Killer Croc? I like the sound of that. PS Superior #1 out today, but sold out in 4 hours. Thank you, fellow gingers.

I would love to see Hardy take on the role of Killer Croc, and the character would make a great villain in Batman 3! As of right now this is a big rumor. It all depends on how you feel about Millar and the things that he say's. The guy likes to talk. But there's a chance he might know something we don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive : Hunt for Batman Female Lead Begins

Warner Bros? new ?Batman? film has switched to a higher gear (so much so the production?s leaving fire trails), concurrently hitting the gas, with an insider telling Moviehole that a ?revolving door will be in operation for the better part of this week? as director Christopher Nolan and producers meet with their prospective female lead.

Nolan began meeting with actors a few weeks back, one of whom was Tom Hardy who was recently reported to be playing an unspecified role in the big-budget blockbuster.

The hunt is now on for the film?s Bat babe.

Several young (?Late 20′s, early 30′s?) ladies are meeting with the Caped Crusader?s resuscitator this week to talk about the new film. Interestingly enough, quite a few of the ladies don?t actually know what role they?re being asked to read for/meet Nolan about (yep, security is tighter on this thing than the department store Jonathan Switcher worked at in ?Mannequin? ? Okay, maybe a bit tighter than that) they?ve just accepted an offer to ?meet? with the filmmaker. Presumably, they?ll leave the meeting knowing quite a bit more.

I?ve the names of a couple of the young ladies meeting with Nolan, but I?ve checked in with them and they?ve kindly asked me not to name them ? at least until they?re convinced they haven?t got the job (fair enough, don?t want to jinx it for anyone).

What I can say is that Nolan is open to casting a fresh face as the female lead; he?s not necessarily bringing in the big guns.

So who is Gotham?s new gal? Is it a replacement lover for Billionaire Bruce? Or is it ? as my insider also suspects (but he can?t be sure; again, Nolan has the lid shut tight on this thing) ? the oft-rumoured Catwoman? ?Some of the beauties coming in to chat with Christopher, would suggest that?, we?re told.

It?s funny, I spent the last few days chatting to some fairly high-up chaps at Warner ? that I got to know when I was working on ?Howl? there ? and not one of them had any clue as to what Nolan was planning with ?Batman?. Every other film in the works there? No problem, they had a bevy of information, but Batman? Sealed like a dripping roof.

I?d expect the female lead to be announced over the next few weeks.

Previously?

Now that ?Mad Max Fury Road? has been postponed [again], star Tom Hardy?s free to dive in search of other hidden treasure? at least until 2012, when the long-gestating ?Thunderdome? sequel is said to be getting back up and thus, ?Max? will be required back at the beach (We?ll see).

According to Deadline, the actor may spend the majority of 2011 working with his ?Inception? director Christopher Nolan on a little film called? ?Batman 3″.

I know! Cool, right!?

No word on who Hardy is playing ? it definitely isn?t Catwoman though. I can one-hundred percent promise you that. Hardy likes to keep the tight black one-piece and whip at home. He never, ever brings it to work ? ask his lawyer. Maybe he?s playing Crocodile Head or whatever the **** that ridiculous Bat villain is called (Killer Croc! that?s it!), isn?t that who Batman?s apparently going to be pitted against in the new movie? ****, I suppose if anyone can make a half-crocodile half-man villain somewhat grounded it?d be the Nolan/Hardy combination. Still, I doubt that?s who he?s playing?. more likely some sort of corrupt senator or a boy toy for Alfred, maybe?

Suddenly the ?sorry folks, Mad Max has been postponed? line is music to everyone?s ? including Hardy?s, I imagine ? ears, right!?

I want some cool villains. No catwoman, no penguin, no mr freeze. Give us like clayface or someone we haven't seen in a cheesier batman movie. Or even make a live action Red Hood... but of course, we haven't even had a robin yet.

Are you saying Arnold should NOT have gotten that nomination for the Oscars for Mr. Freeze?

Everyone keeps theorizing that Hardy is going to be a villain. What if he isn't? What if he's being cast to play...*gasp*...Robin?

Everyone keeps theorizing that Hardy is going to be a villain. What if he isn't? What if he's being cast to play...*gasp*...Robin?

...then I will not watch it :p

...then I will not watch it :p

Haha, yeah. Unfortunately when I think of Robin in a Batman movie, I think of bat-nipples and Chris O'donnell. :x

Maybe if they didn't kill off Bruce's babe in the last one, they wouldn't have to bring in some new female lead :D (though we wouldn't have gotten Two Face I suppose)

Christopher Nolan has revealed the official title of his third Batman flick. It'll be called The Dark Knight Rises. Awesome.

That's the first bit of big Batman news. The second is that The Riddler won't be in the film.

Nolan said: "We?ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we?ll be introducing some new ones."

When pressed about whether the villain would be covered in question marks, Nolan gave a negative response. ?It won?t be the Riddler,? he said.

All very, very exciting. We love the title, it's a clever bit of branding designed to remind us of The Dark Knight's brilliance. As if we needed it.

Read more: Film news Christopher Nolan reveals official Batman 3 title | TotalFilm.com

I want The Riddler :( I reckon that character would make for a fantastic villain.

yeah but then again it'll be cool if Nolan used a lesser known villain

I want The Riddler :( I reckon that character would make for a fantastic villain.

Yeah I want him too, he was the first villain I thought of for the third batman.

"The Dark Knight Rises"? Really? That title sucks. "Rises" implies origin story or how Batman has come to be known as the "Dark Knight". Both of which were accomplished in the first two movies, respectively.

Without context of the last film it may sound like that, but it's actually regarding how he is seen as a vigilante and winning people over again.

i.e this film will probably end on a triumph victory whatever happens.

"The Dark Knight Rises"? Really? That title sucks. "Rises" implies origin story or how Batman has come to be known as the "Dark Knight". Both of which were accomplished in the first two movies, respectively.

to me it means Gotham goes into turmoil and the Dark Knight rises from the dust to save them all!

And at the end of the second, it was the Dark Knight's fall from grace, hence his rising from the ashes of being believed as a murderer.