Internet Sharing and Zone Alarm

I have 2 computers in a simple network.Both runs XP Pro. The first one ,which connects to the internet(dial-up),have been configured in the 'Network Setup Wizard' with the first option("This computer connects directly to the Internet". On the second computer I used the second option("This computer connects to the Internet through another computer on my network or through a residential gateway").

After this in the Network connection I configured the network connections(manually) this way:

1st - IP:192.168.0.1 Mask:255.255.255.0

2nd - IP 192.168.0.251 Mask:255.255.255.0

Everything went fine. Then I installed Zone Alarm Pro 3.6.362 on the first computer, when it asked me about ICS/NAT network I selected "This computer is a Gateway"(I think it was this) and in the address I putted 192.168.0.1.On the 2nd there aren't any firewalls.

After all this on the 1st computer I can access the internet, and can also see the 2nd computer files(it is listed under MSHOME workgroup)but on the 2nd computer I cannot use the internet.

Can someone help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Zone Alarms is protecting the host so well it stops you from connecting from the secound machine. see if you can enter a trusted ip address if not get rid and use another.