October 2010 Desktops

It looks to be the Black version of Win7 Blend with no Transparency, correct me if I'm wrong.

You are right it is Win7 Blend. I have Transparency on though. I put a custom rectangle on bottom exactly where task bar goes though on the wallpaper, so it isn't transparent or appears not to be.

music player please?

I'm using Foobar. CAD skin is MiniMuZic found on deviantart.

You are right it is Win7 Blend. I have Transparency on though. I put a custom rectangle on bottom exactly where task bar goes though on the wallpaper, so it isn't transparent or appears not to be.

I'm using Foobar. CAD skin is MiniMuZic found on deviantart.

i have foobar too.. how do you get foobar to look like that?... or wait, is that the cd art display skin?

*Edit* nevermind... thanks!!!

i have foobar too.. how do you get foobar to look like that?... or wait, is that the cd art display skin?

*Edit* nevermind... thanks!!!

This is how it normally looks when I have foobar open:

post-314558-12880540194966.png

How did you make your chrome and taskbar to look like this? :)

sorry, but the mods deleted my post and pics because of a "swearing filter" that was bypassed.. pretty sure the letters WTF are allowed though...

so here are my screenshots again, self-censored using MS paint obviously

here, i am using token icons, a custom start orb i found somewhere, xdeskcover, and rainmeter using my own customized pre/post-scripts... for comedic effect...

took me a couple hours tonight to get this completed

not sure where i found the wallpaper

also using glass2k for the chrome window transparency.. and perfect dark google as a user script to make google look like that.

lemme know what ya guys think

clean version:

fgweqer.jpg

with chrome open:

aerseaww.jpg

imo, thats terriblie

it'd look better if i didn't have to butcher it with spray paint thanks to the no cursing rule..

srsly? as if children aren't already exposed to it everywhere else on the internet.. i highly doubt they're going to be reading neowin.. :rolleyes:

I've always wondered why that rule applies, perhaps subscribers should be able to turn it off so they can choose to see the language or not

it'd look better if i didn't have to butcher it with spray paint thanks to the no cursing rule..

srsly? as if children aren't already exposed to it everywhere else on the internet.. i highly doubt they're going to be reading neowin.. :rolleyes:

Uh, no offense, but it's not the f-bomb in your desktop that makes it frankly (sorry for this) hideous, it's the lack of color-coordination. A dark desktop is very difficult to elegantly pull off, and your crappy low-res carbon-fiber wall combined with an already dark taskbar with the poorly chosen dark Token icons (I would have gone with the light ones or a lighter shade on the taskbar) make it seem just a bit too overdone. I could probably find a typographical wallpaper that has nothing but profanity in different fonts/sizes/weights/rotations that looks far more tasteful than that. I would honestly hate to have to use that desktop. My suggestion as a quick fix? at least pick a different wallpaper, something possibly a tad bit lighter and more unique rather than the same carbon-fiber imprint that's been tiled together to make whatever resolution you want. I will say this, what you do have going for you is the simple typographical based widgets (Rainmeter?). Those look pretty good, and the placement of them is great. The rest of the theme unfortunately looks a bit kiddish.

Before you think I'm flaming, you posted, and you asked for feedback. Coming from someone who's created and appreciates great desktop themes, I'm giving it to you as constructively as I can, that's all. Please don't take it as mortal offense or anything. If it works for you, then don't think twice about what I'm saying. It's your computer, not mine. But again, you asked for feedback.

Actually the background/theme isnt too bad, just the way it blends with the browser that i don't like

Uh, no offense, but it's not the f-bomb in your desktop that makes it frankly (sorry for this) hideous, it's the lack of color-coordination. A dark desktop is very difficult to elegantly pull off, and your crappy low-res carbon-fiber wall combined with an already dark taskbar with the poorly chosen dark Token icons (I would have gone with the light ones or a lighter shade on the taskbar) make it seem just a bit too overdone. I could probably find a typographical wallpaper that has nothing but profanity in different fonts/sizes/weights/rotations that looks far more tasteful than that. I would honestly hate to have to use that desktop. My suggestion as a quick fix? at least pick a different wallpaper, something possibly a tad bit lighter and more unique rather than the same carbon-fiber imprint that's been tiled together to make whatever resolution you want. I will say this, what you do have going for you is the simple typographical based widgets (Rainmeter?). Those look pretty good, and the placement of them is great. The rest of the theme unfortunately looks a bit kiddish.

Before you think I'm flaming, you posted, and you asked for feedback. Coming from someone who's created and appreciates great desktop themes, I'm giving it to you as constructively as I can, that's all. Please don't take it as mortal offense or anything. If it works for you, then don't think twice about what I'm saying. It's your computer, not mine. But again, you asked for feedback.

what are you talkin about with "crappy low-res carbon-fiber wall"? it's a 1080p native wallpaper and looks magnificent in full size. Color coordination? I mixed black and different shades of gray, how is that not coordinated? There aren't even really any colors except for my music cover art on purpose.. And sorry, they may be poorly chosen to you, but I prefer the token icons dark with this setup. I have the lights ones too and tried them out that way, but I prefer the dark ones because it makes each icon just look like it's indented into the taskbar.

Overdone? It's pretty minimilistic imo..

and you're complaining about profanity... It's supposed to be funny and overdramatic sarcasm... Sorry, but I don't have kids or anyone else that's going to be looking at my screen.

And no, the wallpaper is not tiled. It has a distinct glow that gets darker around the upper right region. It's very professionally done if I could show you.. Wait.. I can.. Just uploaded it..

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/thenext8seconds/9be886c3c0cebb9471d17918c4b65e17.jpg

---------------

ANYWAY... I tweaked it a little bit, found a new wallpaper, and this should be better for your tastes sir...

dfsgsrtrt.jpg