Xbox.com website update

They're still updating it, give it time :laugh:

I know. I was just reporting back to see if others have had the same issue for the sake of conversation.

i love websites where you dont need to scroll down. Made for 1920 x 1080 resolution .. awesome

agreed (Y).. Full 1080p ftw.

I'm being extremely nitpicky here, but they need to increase the quality of the Xbox logo at the top left of the screen. You'd think the logo of your product wouldn't be low-quality compared to the rest of your Web site.

Going to take a little bit to get used the different color scheme but overall the site is just plain fast. I was able to send a message to somebody through my gamer profile in half the time it used to take.

24 hours later...and the website is rockin'. I can finally access everything, and it's very fast. Sending messages is so much better now.

Avatar creation is working fine here on my Mac using Chrome 8.0.552.11.

Yeh I've tried Opera, IE, and Chrome on Windows 7...latest version of silverlight installed...still the same error =( Even today...

Guess they haven't finished rolling out some things.

Interesting change on the new website. When you sign up for an Xbox Live account, your NOT allowed to create your own gamertag, it just makes up one for you. Guess that's a good way to stop people sitting on usernames and make them buy an Xbox to get the one they want along with having numerous new accounts that people won't realise has just chosen them a random name they don't like to boost the numbers!

Looking at my previous post, here is why they have done it and you get one free gamertag change. New accounts only.

The FREE GamerTag change is ONLY for new accounts. The reason for this is that in the new account creation flow, the system will assign you a random GamerTag. This will enable you to create an account super fast and get online in no time. However, since you did not get to choose your own GamerTag, you will be awarded ONE Free Gamertag change, which you can use to change your GamerTag later on.