Fusion OS

Tharp Daddy

Hope it turns out great! Would love to dual boot it once it's released, depending on how it turns out.

.Neo

We want to start this topic to show everyone some development, FAQ, QnA, Previews, Alpha/Beta Build, etc., etc. I will be uploading some FAQ's very soon, and I will talk to the team about uploading a pic of the OS's current state, but we want to build some hype also. Dont want to let the cat out the bag too soon. ;)

So what's the point in starting this thread right now when you have basically nothing to tell us and zero to show us? I don't get it.

tomjol

So what's the point in starting this thread right now when you have basically nothing to tell us and zero to show us? I don't get it.

I don't think there will ever be a point where they is actually anything to show us. If they've been working on it since July, are only 45% done and reckon they're going to get 50% more done in the next couple of weeks, it's probably safe to brand this "vaporware".

Glassed Silver

I don't think there will ever be a point where they is actually anything to show us. If they've been working on it since July, are only 45% done and reckon they're going to get 50% more done in the next couple of weeks, it's probably safe to brand this "vaporware".

This.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though, as his mockup does indeed look quite nice.

Glassed Silver:mac

.Neo

Can't stand these pointless threads. Start one if you actually have something to say or show, if you don't don't.

tomjol

Just checked out the OP's profile (he's 18) and webiste (which is remarkably empty).

Like I said in my first post, this is someone biting off way, way more than they can chew. That someone has a lot of learning to do.

Nick H.

I remember reading the thread back in July and thinking that the concept work looked like it would be an interesting OS to use.

However, I agree with the majority here in that there is nothing worthwhile in this thread. You could have easily just told us in the other thread that you were about ready to release documentation. In fact, you did on October 6th.

On the subject of the website...yeah, that needs some serious work. The title sums it all up at the moment, "Just another WordPress site," and one without anything to show to the World.

I'm still interested to see what becomes of this (especially given the insanely tight deadline you've set yourself in the first post), I just don't understand why this thread is here when the other one is just as informative, if not more so.

Just checked out the OP's profile (he's 18) and webiste (which is remarkably empty).

Like I said in my first post, this is someone biting off way, way more than they can chew. That someone has a lot of learning to do.

You have no base to what your saying! Where are you even getting that "I am biting off more than I can chew"? And you think I have a lot of learning to do? I would like to know how you came about that conclusion also since you know nothing about me, you just need to stop trolling.

I remember reading the thread back in July and thinking that the concept work looked like it would be an interesting OS to use.

However, I agree with the majority here in that there is nothing worthwhile in this thread. You could have easily just told us in the other thread that you were about ready to release documentation. In fact, you did on October 6th.

On the subject of the website...yeah, that needs some serious work. The title sums it all up at the moment, "Just another WordPress site," and one without anything to show to the World.

I'm still interested to see what becomes of this (especially given the insanely tight deadline you've set yourself in the first post), I just don't understand why this thread is here when the other one is just as informative, if not more so.

This thread is here for a few reasons, the other one was called "Codename: Fusion OS" we have obliviously come a lot farther than that, and also because this section is much more appropriate for the topic. Im glad your interested in the project, there will be a lot coming from us, very soon! :)

Development did not start till one month ago. We were making desisions, and UI adjustments until then. We have gotten the 45% done in only a few weeks. This is not vaporware, if people would have some common sense to read the the post that I have posted you WILL SEE that I said we will be releasing screenshots BEFORE the Alpha is out but NOT QUITE YET. Please stop making judgements when you dont know all the information.

.Neo

Once again, start a thread when you actually have to show or tell us something. Not before. This is 100% pointless...

Can't stand these pointless threads. Start one if you actually have something to say or show, if you don't don't.

This thread is not pointless I have made many posts specifically at least one to you, that explains it. And the first reason this thread was created was to announce the Alpha in 1-2 weeks!

Kami-

Can we see something up to date?

.Neo

This thread is not pointless I have made many posts specifically at least one to you, that explains it. And the first reason this thread was created was to announce the Alpha in 1-2 weeks!

You told us nothing concrete about the the operating system's features, nor did you show us anything beyond months old concepts. And even those concepts show little more than ripped-off icons, a semi-transparent bar (hello Mac OS X), Start Menu (hello Windows XP) and a Dock (hello Mac OS X again).

Here you are again with a whole new thread in November and still nothing to show.

I really wonder what will materialize out of this.

DDStriker

He did have something to say, announcement about a project that was discussed in June.

What is your problem? he's let those who are interested in the project know that they are still working on it and expect to have an alpha out in 2 weeks, if you don't care about the project and whether they will even finish it or not then thats great don't moan here i don't want to scroll through 3 pages of you and tomjol moaning that the project may fail, who cares if it fails or not theres no need to be immature about it and put down other peoples efforts.

Everyone should just give up and not attempt anything because you may fail, thank you .Neo/tomjol for such useful advice :rolleyes:

• Like 1

He did have something to say, announcement about a project that was discussed in June.

What is your problem? he's let those who are interested in the project that they are still working on it and expect to have an alpha out in 2 weeks, if you don't care about the project and whether they will even finish it or not then thats great don't moan here i don't want to scroll through 3 pages of you and tomjol moaning that the project may fail, who cares if it fails or not theres no need to be immature about it and put down other peoples efforts.

Everyone should just give up and not attempt anything because you may fail, thank you .Neo/tomjol for such useful advice :rolleyes:

Thank you. :)

Foxfyre

And this is why people very frequently "drop off the scene", because of trolling like this. I'm not a Linux fan, but I probably would be if there was a version were I very rarely had to touch command line. With that being said, since this is the goal of Fusion OS...what if this distro became bigger than Ubuntu? Became the best distro out there?

My point is simply this....quit heckling the guy. Because your comments may very well hurt more people than just him if he decides to stop working on this because you guys want to be a-holes about it.

And to the OP...good luck! I'll be trying it out myself if indeed you achieve a point where command line is very rarely used.

• Like 1
.Neo

So what exactly is there to announce beyond what was already said in the other thread that requires a new one?

.Neo

Link doesn't work.

My point is simply this....quit heckling the guy. Because your comments may very well hurt more people than just him if he decides to stop working on this because you guys want to be a-holes about it.

That would be the perfect excuse wouldn't it? :)

Me and others are trying to understand what the deal is here. Since early summer absolutely nothing materialized beyond some extremely simple mockups. Everyone with basic Photoshop knowledge can whip up two semi-transparent bars, download some icons + wallpaper from the internet and merge them all together in a single file. Let's be honest here, after many months that's still the only thing we've seen from project.

Auroka

Maybe I'm missing something... is it just a pretty looking Linux distro...?

Or does it bring something new to the table?

Either way I can't wait to see how it'll turn out. :)

Is it too late to suggest that you incorporate some of the concepts behind the old SymphonyOS? http://ftp.sun.ac.za/ftp/iso-images/mezzo/MezzoGreypaper.pdf

Your link isn't working. ;)

Link doesn't work.

That would be the perfect excuse wouldn't it? :)

Me and others are trying to understand what the deal is here. Since early summer absolutely nothing materialized beyond some extremely simple mockups. Everyone with basic Photoshop knowledge can whip up two semi-transparent bars, download some icons + wallpaper from the internet and merge them all together in a single file. Let's be honest here, after many months that's still the only thing we've seen from project.

I really dont understand your problem. But whatever. How are you not understand this? There are things that have "materialized" we are not showing them as of now. Do you think we just sat around and did nothing? Because I dont understand what you are getting at with all theses posts trying to bring us down. I don't get what your issues are but it's really getting old. If you wait, we will show you the results. I am planning on uploading a screen shot of a recent build tomorrow. Along with a small post about it.

.Neo

I don't have a problem. I'm just wondering why we haven't seen anything beyond those extremely simplistic mockups from June. That's it. Let's move on because I really don't want start a fight or anything.

That said, I am looking forward to see what you did with the interface. So I'll definitely be checking out this thread tomorrow. :)

tomjol

I eagerly await further updates.

I don't have a problem. I'm just wondering why we haven't seen anything beyond those extremely simplistic mockups from June. That's it. Let's move on because I really don't want start a fight or anything.

That said, I am looking forward to see what you did with the interface. So I'll definitely be checking out this thread tomorrow. :)

I will be posting a small post about some progress, a screen shot, and Minimum & Reccommended Requirements at 6:00PM EST.

I will look into it. Thanks. :)

DDStriker

So what exactly is there to announce beyond what was already said in the other thread that requires a new one?

That they are using this thread to keep us updated and we're to expect some new content in 2 weeks time, this part here.

We will be ready to release an alpha build of Fusion OS in 1-2 weeks which will contain and almost final User Interface.

I understand exactly where you are coming from though as there is a lot of vaporware out there, but just reading over the comments here they really aren't needed this is a tech community and we all know the fail rate for projects whether its due to a natural disaster or just lack of time/motivation/commitment it would just be nice to at least give them a chance rather then immediately dismissing their efforts, who knows someone could have an idea and not be able to complete and someone else could come across it and become interested and possibly take over the project them self (or make their own similar one) it's not that harmful to get the idea out there