how to get bitter taste from air can out of mouth? WAS NOT HUFFING!

I had to put the "WAS NOT HUFFING" in the title because trolls will skip over reading the topic and say something stupid.

I took my can of air to clean out my camera, and i noticed the straw was clogged, so stupid me went to blow it out, and some how got the bitter crap in my mouth, and now i cant seem to get rid of the taste in my mouth. It's been about 30 minutes.

I tried drinking milk, brushing tongue, and so on, and nothing seems to be helping.

I know many of us who do not huff the stuff have had this problem before. What did you do to get rid of the taste? also chewing gum doesn't help.

Does anyone know any tricks?

I can't say I've ever encountered this problem, but I'd suggest something strong that can act as a solvent or acid like mouthwash, Coca-Cola or liquor. Worst case, peanut butter will stick to your mouth for quite a while and at least mask the flavour.

I can't say I've ever encountered this problem, but I'd suggest something strong that can act as a solvent or acid like mouthwash, Coca-Cola or liquor. Worst case, peanut butter will stick to your mouth for quite a while and at least mask the flavour.

If the stuff is non-polar, like some sort of oil or grease, then swishing with some vegetable oil, or eating something fatty like fried chicken or chocolate will help dissolve it. Alcohol can help dissolve some substances as well, but you'd probably need something above 40%.

If the stuff is non-polar, like some sort of oil or grease, then swishing with some vegetable oil, or eating something fatty like fried chicken or chocolate will help dissolve it. Alcohol can help dissolve some substances as well, but you'd probably need something above 40%.

I'll have to remember that, thanks. :)

P.S., what does your signature mean?

Look on the can for a customer service number and/or check the website for a 'MSDS', a Material Safety Data Sheet, it should have toxicity information on it as well as emergency numbers. Believe me, this is the best thing to do. I've had to reference MSDS's several times for accidental exposure to chemicals. Its not something to mess around with.

Look on the can for a customer service number and/or check the website for a 'MSDS', a Material Safety Data Sheet, it should have toxicity information on it as well as emergency numbers. Believe me, this is the best thing to do. I've had to reference MSDS's several times for accidental exposure to chemicals. Its not something to mess around with.

It is probably too late. Guy's already grown two extra heads by now.

It's a reference to the components of DNA which are represented by letters. (Adenine, Thymine etc.)

It is more a reference to the translated products. There are certain perils of molecular biology such as point mutations that sometimes ruin perfectly good stop codons, causing read-through and all sorts of molecular mayhem (I make genes in a lab). The joke is totally non-obvious to just about everyone except me, but you're welcome to do the translation.

http://www.expasy.ch/tools/dna.html

I say in situation where "huffing goes wrong", the simple remedy is to down a 1/4 bottle of apple vinager straight, chew on some raw chili peppers, suck on a lemon for minimum of five minutes, and follow up with swishing a mixture of salt, black pepper, and two or three raw eggs. You can substitute the vinager with eating three dill pickles if you have no vinager on hand. It is recommended to follow up with a 20oz of some form of carbonated drink.

I had that problem. Was spraying the can upside down at a cup of water to see if it would freeze. I got some on my hand and I must have touched my mouth as i had the taste on my lips for days.

Almost all the the taste is gone now.

i like how some people said read the safety info and such.

this is what it states on the back of the can under first aid:

If Swallowed: No need for first aid anticipated

:D

I had that problem. Was spraying the can upside down at a cup of water to see if it would freeze. I got some on my hand and I must have touched my mouth as i had the taste on my lips for days.

we used to freeze stuff with it at work also. Just the fumes in the air would be enough to get into your mouth. but the bitter taste didnt last as long as this can did. Maybe thats because i may have actually got some in my mouth when blowing the tube thing out. i dunno.