Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update

I had just bought a brand new Kodak printer and was thinking it was that and even reported it to Kodak as being a PITA when moving from one print job to another. I never had that issue with my old HP printer that I replaced so I thought it was the Kodak.

Just tested it and it still is slow at processing the que but not quite as slow, so perhaps it was indeed an improvement. When I say slow, it took about 45seconds between jobs, now about 10 seconds, so not too bad. And both were Plain Text print jobs same size so better than nothing!

NOTE: Hackintosh users! Remove SleepEnabler.kext or it will kernel panic!

Oh, the plight of hacking an OS to run on hardware it wasn't designed for...

NOTE: Hackintosh users! Remove SleepEnabler.kext or it will kernel panic!

That is needed for anyone that uses that patch for any system patch since 10.6.2 I believe.

Man, maybe OS X will stop beach balling so much. I am a recent convert from Windows to OS X, but honestly, not impressed yet. I love the terminal, and Xcode ... but I do not know why that damn beachball has to pop up so much. Macbook Pro is one of the best notebokks I've ever owned though.

Man, maybe OS X will stop beach balling so much. I am a recent convert from Windows to OS X, but honestly, not impressed yet. I love the terminal, and Xcode ... but I do not know why that damn beachball has to pop up so much. Macbook Pro is one of the best notebokks I've ever owned though.

on a new machine that shouldn't be happening. i would run a full hardware check

Smooth update for my hack, everything works as before & no kernel panics at all BTW, Does Windows XP SP2 support ExFAT ? BTW for me the update was massive at 977.21 MB as being a hack user it was best for me to download the Combo update.

post-335232-1289543943031.png

XP does support exFAT, but you need to patch support for it in (the patch is available from MS)

I keep it on a small memory stick, so every time I come across a old computer I patch it so it can read my other memory sticks.

XP does support exFAT, but you need to patch support for it in (the patch is available from MS)

I keep it on a small memory stick, so every time I come across a old computer I patch it so it can read my other memory sticks.

Oooh , Thanks Mate :)

Good to hear. I haven't had a chance to test it much, but playing TF2 in offline mode with bots allowed me to finally re-enable AA and still maintain a decent fps. With it on, I average 45fps in non-crazy scenes, and with it off I go up to around 55fps.

Still debating which setting I prefer, but I'll leave it on for now. I really thought my GPU would be able to perform better than this, but perhaps there is still some work to be done on the drivers side. One can hope, but I'm content at least.

Well, the human eye perceives 60 images per second, but beyond 24, it doesn?t change the quality much.

Take movies for instance, they are 24 fps here in Canada and it doesn?t seem like they?re "lagging".

So IMO, leave it on :p

Has anyone else experienced some tethering issues?

For example: When I am tethered and browsing the internet my connection seems to be at a constant speed however the minute I go to download a file, say for example a song (and by download I mean save the file to my computer) - the speeds drop to zero then slowly go back up for a little bit then drop again.

I never had this issue pre-10.6.5 update so I'm wondering if it could be that.

Anyone else heard of anything like this?

Well, the human eye perceives 60 images per second, but beyond 24, it doesn?t change the quality much.

Take movies for instance, they are 24 fps here in Canada and it doesn?t seem like they?re "lagging".

This is true, but the difference is that movies are at a constant 24 fps, while games running at 24 fps would be fluctuating a lot depending on what's on screen so you'd see stutter when it dips below the 20 fps mark.

And with TF2's absolutely chaotic matches, my frames can sometimes drop from 45+ to 20 in a split second, which can make all the difference in split second timing. Then again, I just don't have enough time to play all the time so in the grand scheme of things I'll just leave it on.

Well, the human eye perceives 60 images per second, but beyond 24, it doesn’t change the quality much.

Take movies for instance, they are 24 fps here in Canada and it doesn’t seem like they’re "lagging".

The human eye doesn't see in frames per second, it detects differences (and in testing can detect a difference in like 1/1200th of a second or something)

And there's a huge difference between 24fps (which most of the world uses) and 60fps or more.

Edit: Well the eye isn't really an active system, it's more of a passive system and the brain is involved, but meh.

And there's a huge difference between 24fps (which most of the world uses) and 60fps or more.

Agreed, the difference in watching Doctor Who from 24fps and 30fps alone is impressive, as for games, 24 FPS would be virtually unplayable for me. I NEED SMOOOOTH!

• 3 weeks later...