Downgrade PS3 3.50 to 3.41

Previously there was a long thread right here on PSX-SCENE regarding the "sample update" that got shipped out to various PSJAILBREAK Dealers, but as of this posting the EMAIL'ed files have let to appear or be tested.

psdowngrade.jpg

All that happen so far is the official site has gone live, and this crappy video has appeared from one of the resellers:

First Video Goes Live:

Hello, Our USB Updater is finally here!!!

Once downloaded run setup.exe

During install it will prompt you to choose a usb device

make sure your PSjailbreak is connected

Choose unknown device

Once install is complete

Open psupgrader icon on your desktop

And click my serial number

Once this is done you will have to email us back your serial number from the same email account we sent you our email. We will then generate the files for each individual serial number and email you back the file to update your USB unit. Please get back to us asap with your individual serial numbers.

Thank you

Source: PSX-Scene

True or not, who knows.

As someone on PSX-Scene says $40 for a piece of software you can apparently only use once? Feel sorry for anyone who paid $125 or whatever it was for their jailbreak dongle.

If this becomes real it wont be from these thieves.

As someone on PSX-Scene says $40 for a piece of software you can apparently only use once? Feel sorry for anyone who paid $125 or whatever it was for their jailbreak dongle.

If this becomes real it wont be from these thieves.

You could flipflop your firmware for the rest of your life tho. It will work now and beyond! You update to use PSN and downgrade to use jailbreak. the current payloads will be shut down by sony - or result in bans soon enough.

I agree tho its a bad decision for anyone to jump on with their record. if it is legit, will be in everyones hands soon enough.

their 'last' update was a trojan. it scanned clean of course, but downloaded dirty files. tricky tricky!

I just found this video:

I really do like the idea of PS3 backups but the downgrading (and presumably updating) procedure performs a factory reset and just looks monotonous. If it could at least save the settings for each firmware separately then it would almost be like reverting to an older save state, something much more acceptable.

Edit: Ugh and it's a one time deal i.e. you're paying for the service of downgrading your PS3, not the ability to freely move between firmwares :(