[Formula 1] How do you rate the 2010 season?

22 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale from 1 to 10, the F1 season 2010 is a..

IMHO 2010 was one of the best F1 seasons of the past decades. 9/10 - no 10/10 because the wrong person became WDC.

^ I concur, although Vettel was a very humble champion, good on him. Alonso also was gracious in defeat even though some kids on here spout rubbish like no tomorrow. I am looking forward to next season and hopefully Ferrari can get their act together nice and early.

I'm going to go with 9/10;

Good:

- The competition was outstanding this season

- There were few boring races this season

- Lots of gossip and rumor for one season to keep things interesting

- Good technical development for the mid to top field

- A new mix up in what you consider top and mid field

Bad

- The new teams failed to progress

- The team orders issues

- Some of the retarded driver drama

- Lotus naming issues

Regardless of who won the championship and how you feel about him, I was glad to see a privateer win the championship in a long time (Brawn doesn't count it was a Honda in all but name).

I think it was the best season since Prost/Senna battles of the early 90's.

Great competition, thrilling races with plenty of overtaking, crashes, spins, and wins.

I think in hindsight that Vettel was a very deserving champion, and now there are going to be 5 world champions fighting it out next season with adjustable rear wings and KERS so bring on the Kobayashi, Hamilton and Sutil kamikaze overtakes!

I think it was the best season since Prost/Senna battles of the early 90's.

Great competition, thrilling races with plenty of overtaking, crashes, spins, and wins.

I think in hindsight that Vettel was a very deserving champion, and now there are going to be 5 world champions fighting it out next season with adjustable rear wings and KERS so bring on the Kobayashi, Hamilton and Sutil kamikaze overtakes!

arnt adjustable read wings banned next season?

arnt adjustable read wings banned next season?

No that's F-duct, F-duct contains no moving parts to stall the air over the wing (thus bypassing the old rule). The adjustable wing (being introduced in 2011) would be a mechanical moving wing that would reduce downforce (and drag), allowing for the car to go faster and then disengages when the break is pressed.

Edit: for reference -> http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/f1/449813/f-ducts-how-do-they-work.html

fduct3.jpg

I thought it was a great ending to a great season, I would have preffered to see Hamilton win however Vettel I think really deserved it.

And hats off to Red Bull for putting together such a great team in only 5 years of racing on track, I hope they keep it up next year and the other teams improve as well to make it another good year.

Only a few months to wait before it all kicks off again

I thought it was a great ending to a great season, I would have preffered to see Hamilton win however Vettel I think really deserved it.

And hats off to Red Bull for putting together such a great team in only 5 years of racing on track, I hope they keep it up next year and the other teams improve as well to make it another good year.

Only a few months to wait before it all kicks off again

RBR didn't start as a new team five years ago. The team started off as Stewart Ford in 1997, was then bought by Ford and ran as Jaguar Racing from 2000 until 2004 before being purchased by Red Bull.

I'm going to say 7. The closeness of the title battle and constant twists and turns made the season interesting, but I believe the tyre regulations, and the removal of refuelling made far too many of the races processional. Disappointed that McLaren didn't win, but glad it wasn't Alonso.

I gave it an 8, it was quite tense throughout the season.

Was at Silverstone this year and that tense. I hate Hamilton with a passion but hoped he would win the race (button was too far back).

There is 1 thing I still want to see BANNED! And that's the computers the techy people sit and watch, ban it all, so they don't know when other teams are pitting, where exactly they are on the lap etc.

Imo that'll spice things up even more and leave it down to the drivers, and not a well organised and planned pit stop.

But again that's my opinion, what do you think?

I disagree. Formula 1 is a team sport about strategy, not a driver sport about who has the fastest car. Removing teams' ability to react to one another like that would cause F1 to devolve into chaos.

I've been watching F1 since 1993, and for me, this was one of the best seasons I've seen. The only 'let downs' as it were, were the lack of progress of the back teams, and Schumachers non-impact. Hopefully if Mercedes get their act together, he can have more of an impact next year - it'd be awesome to see the 4 'Young' Word Champions, up against a competitive again, old timer like Schumi.

I gave it an 8, it was quite tense throughout the season.

Was at Silverstone this year and that tense. I hate Hamilton with a passion but hoped he would win the race (button was too far back).

There is 1 thing I still want to see BANNED! And that's the computers the techy people sit and watch, ban it all, so they don't know when other teams are pitting, where exactly they are on the lap etc.

Imo that'll spice things up even more and leave it down to the drivers, and not a well organised and planned pit stop.

Most of those are telemetry computers, and they have one that monitors where the cars are on the track, and one for live timing. Most of that stuff is done by pit lane spies.

RBR didn't start as a new team five years ago. The team started off as Stewart Ford in 1997, was then bought by Ford and ran as Jaguar Racing from 2000 until 2004 before being purchased by Red Bull.

Yes I know all that, but they weren't racing as Red Bull back then, they didn't start racing as Red Bull until 2005, hence my on track comment

It was the best season for a long time. I was sceptical about the no-refueling rule, but it worked out nicely, although there were obvious lulls during the race as the cars do a bit of fuel management.

I'd dearly like to see some of the tracks removed or changed. Despite the rule changes making for exciting races (no question about this in my mind), there are still some weekends when qualifying is more important than race day. Monaco has been a complete waste of time for many years now. We need better tracks with more overtaking opportunities.

I find it strange that the F-Duct has been banned next year, but it's nice to see KERS coming back (if the teams take it up). Both systems should be allowed imo. Adjustable rear wings should make things interesting as well.

Looking forward to next year already...

The adjustable rear wing is gonna be great. Would love to see refueling come back. It was a lot of fun in the olden days when the fuel nozzle would get stuck and it would take 20 sec to get it out, especially if it were a driver you don't really like. This "no refueling" thing has removed the fuel strategy, where some people used the splash and the dash, while others filled up their tanks. It added an extra dimension, allowing overtaking to be more possible, as the lighter load guys had an advantage.

Some of the old Schumi magic would be good to see too.