Is Windows Phone Marketplace Hosed for anyone else?

Today none of my apps can install updates. Get error that there is a problem with the licensing and only option is to close. MS Marketplace support says nothing they can do, they will contact 3 different developers including contractor who developed Windows Messenger for Windows Phone.

I told them that makes no sense if they haven't changed something in Marketplace that would affect 3 totally unrelated apps/devs. Apparently they did update Marketplace software yesterday, so not it does make sense.

Is anyone else having trouble installing WP7 App updates from Marketplace? You can install the apps, it's downloading updates that won't work. This isn't going to send me back to iPhone 4 or my Captivate, but it's not good. Not good at all.

(hoping I'm not the only one in US buying WP7 Apps)

No problems for me. Try rebooting your phone.. Did you happen to switch between wireless/3g when you ordered the apps?

I believe I did. But the apps in question will not update on either now and MS has not solution. Rebooting, uninstalling, reinstalling just doesn't work. I will give MS support credit. They called me back a day later to check-up but without a solution that doesn't do much good. hmm.gif

Edit: After seeing your reploy, I disable wireless sync, delted, rebooted, redownloaded, and same issue with these apps. Can't install update, problem with license. These are the only apps with Marketplace updates, I hope it doesn't affect others. I think this will be a serious issue if not addressed. I'm not going to reformat my phone because of a DRM bug.

I believe I did. But the apps in question will not update on either now and MS has not solution. Rebooting, uninstalling, reinstalling just doesn't work. I will give MS support credit. They called me back a day later to check-up but without a solution that doesn't do much good. hmm.gif

Edit: After seeing your reploy, I disable wireless sync, delted, rebooted, redownloaded, and same issue with these apps. Can't install update, problem with license. These are the only apps with Marketplace updates, I hope it doesn't affect others. I think this will be a serious issue if not addressed. I'm not going to reformat my phone because of a DRM bug.

Edit2: MS is still working on it with me. They've downloaded one of the apps and its doing the same thing for them. Nothing wrong with the phone or connection. They use the software simulator and same issue. Some devs are doing something wrong. I guess that's what I get for being an early adopter. It's worth it though. Love the phone OS and I've added 250 to my gamerscore with phone games, 2 of them free :D.

I've been getting an update for GV for WP7 everyday and it gets stuck during update. Also had the Marketplace reboot my phone today. :/

I've been getting an update for GV for WP7 everyday and it gets stuck during update. Also had the Marketplace reboot my phone today. hmm.gif

Actually that happened to me not too long ago. After trying to install the Netflix update. In the Windows Xbox / PHone appdev hub, others are having the problem. Not all apps, not all phones. But with Neflix having same issue, it's going to grow legs. Looks like Windows Phone will have it's own RROD fiasco. Microsoft's silence on what I belive is a known issue won't help.

It's not getting a lot of headlines because apparently not "that" many people are using them and buying apps. If I don't hear something soon regarding a fix, I'm going back to my iPhone 4. It's 2010 and stonewalling is unacceptable. MS should acknowledge the problem, and I'll be happy to wait for a fix.

Actually that happened to me not too long ago. After trying to install the Netflix update. In the Windows Xbox / PHone appdev hub, others are having the problem. Not all apps, not all phones. But with Neflix having same issue, it's going to grow legs. Looks like Windows Phone will have it's own RROD fiasco. Microsoft's silence on what I belive is a known issue won't help.

It's not getting a lot of headlines because apparently not "that" many people are using them and buying apps. If I don't hear something soon regarding a fix, I'm going back to my iPhone 4. It's 2010 and stonewalling is unacceptable. MS should acknowledge the problem, and I'll be happy to wait for a fix.

After 4 days of running around in circles with MS Support doing stupid crap like enabling disabling cookies in IE on the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling apps, over and over. Finally on day 4 they said the registry is currupt that's why you can't download any app updates, and so I have to hard reset my phone. They wanted to know if I needed help.

I told them know, I know how to hard reset the Samsung Focus and right after I do, I'm switching my phone service back to my iPhone 4. For all it's shortcomings, I've never been jerked around by it like this.

Maybe I'll try again with Windows Phone 7 R2, SP3.

Epic Fail. My worst nightmare has come true, the Droid and Apple fanboys win.

No such problems for me smile.gifconfused.gif

Well, since I love the UI, I went ahead and reformatted. I know i'm an early adopter but I didn't want to becuase I have 22 apps. That says something since I only had 5 on the iPhone, and 6 on my Droid. To my pleasure, after reformatting and doing basic setup on phone, I set it down and stepped away for 10 minutes. When I got back to reinstall apps, all 22 had downloaded over Wifi and reinstalled. Except The Harvest, had to connect to PC for a sec, then it completed install. That was quick and painless, all I have to do is color scheme and setup Exchange email.

Hopefull, there will be no issues. All updated versions of apps dowloaded and installed whereas before, reinstalling installed only first version of apps, and updates would not install due to license issue. I'll have to wait until another app issues an update to see if I can actually download an update. If so, I hate to say, it may not be MS' problem at all.

I completely forgot I had a Class 6, 16G SD card in it. No issues, except the DRM issues. Can it be blamed on the card, well, technically its not supported. I guess I'm gonna have to call and tell 'em.

I was such a consumer on this one.

(Most likely when the built-in memory filled and apps hit the SD Card, that's when DRM broke)

i haven't installed a card in my focus yet because of the known issues thereof.. happily waiting out recommended cards since i'm in no rush to expand my storage yet. I have had the market place crash on me and get confused about being on wifi or not, but no drm issues. i'll let you know if i have any creep up on me.

• 2 weeks later...
To my pleasure, after reformatting and doing basic setup on phone, I set it down and stepped away for 10 minutes. When I got back to reinstall apps, all 22 had downloaded over Wifi and reinstalled.

How do you do that? I've reset my phone a few times (before finally exchanging it for a new one which thankfully works) and it's never done that for me :(

I ask, because I have an app that refuses to update itself.