PC to home theatre

Hello,

I would like to output music played from my laptop and have it play through the home theater system in my room.

The problem is, the system I have is several years old and does not have an hdmi input (which would make my problem super easy to solve).

The only outputs I can see in my laptop (for audio) would be an hdmi port and a regular headphone jack (as if I were to listen through headphones)

The home theater system I would like to hook my laptop to only has a digital coaxial in, and then just plain old composite cable inputs... other than that I am stuck to listening to the radio (or playing cds/dvd's) I originally used it with my tv when watching movies etc. but now that I have a laptop I took the tv out and wanted to just export audio to the receiver...

Is there any adapter or solution that you know of that will help me?

Thanks!

Get yourself a 3.5mm [male] to RCA [male] audio cable and you are set to go. Your local Radio Shack or Best Buy should have it.

thanks man, I appreciate it, such a simple fix!

For some reason i couldn't edit that post, but I ended up purchasing the cable today, I am watching criminal minds as I type this, and it sounds great, thanks very much!