Vikings Fire HC Brad Childress

The Brad Childress Era in Minnesota is over.

NFL WEEKLY REVIEW PAGE

Get caught up on all the action from Week 11.

The team relieved the head coach of his duties Monday morning.

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier will take over as the interim head coach.

Childress, 54, compiled a 39-35 record in five seasons in Minnesota, including 3-7 this season.

The team had visions of a Super Bowl berth after quarterback Brett Favre put together perhaps his finest season in 2009 and the Vikings went 12-4.

But things went sour quickly, as the Vikings lost three of their first four games. Then, at Childress’ behest, the team acquired embattled receiver Randy Moss, then, only weeks later, Childress released Moss without consulting owner Zygi Wilf. It was then that Childress’ job security appeared at its most tenuous.

The firing comes one day after the Vikings were embarrassed by the Green Bay Packers 31-3, their second loss in a row.

Childress also had a increasingly combative relationship with likely Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, who signed with the Vikings as a free agent before the 2009 season.

The Vikings won back-to-back NFC North titles (2008 and ‘09, ) under Childress, who came to Minnesota before the 2006 season from Philadelphia. He spent seven seasons with the Eagles, serving three as quarterbacks coach and four as offensive coordinator.

Wilf and Frazier will address the media this afternoon at 4:00 ET.

Fox Sports

Good, Leslie will be a good change in leadership for the Vikes. We still could make a playoff run, 9-7 COULD win if we get a lot of help from other teams.

Chilly was a dumbass and didn't even show emotion to his players at all.

Next few weeks will tell, probably even next week. I doubt they sit Favre though, but like ESPN was saying. Frazier needs to make a statement with this group. Look what happened to Dallas, the coach made them show up on time, dressed nicely and practice everyday. That's how it should be.

Took them long enough.

Right? Should have happened 2-3 weeks ago. After he ousted Moss after 4 games... gave up a 3rd round pick.

Next few weeks will tell, probably even next week. I doubt they sit Favre though, but like ESPN was saying. Frazier needs to make a statement with this group. Look what happened to Dallas, the coach made them show up on time, dressed nicely and practice everyday. That's how it should be.

There is a difference between a team playing poorly and not being motivated versus one individual player taking down a whole team. I'm sorry but Favre is having a terrible season, honestly he is overrated in my mind, and he just making terrible decisions. After an interception this sunday a coach tried to speak with him and look at the play and you could see him say "get the hell away from me".