Kinect Mount

So I got the Kinect the other week and had to re-organize my place to make it work, but its working ok now.

The issue is that, my HDTV is wall mounted, a movable wall mount, the mount is attached at the corner of the wall, and moves around from there.

Underneath that, is a 3 shelf wall mounted unit. The shelfs are quite small to save space, is not centered under the TV. So the kinect works, but isn't perfect because it needs to be centered under the TV.

The Top TV Mount for the Kinect can't work, because my mount holes on the TV are already taken, and the top of the tv is too high.

I can't find any mount to mount the Kinect to the bottom of the tv, and would probably have the same issue with no holes.

I can't get the wall mount for the kinect, because the wall is 1.5F from the TV.

So I need to find some way to mount the kinect to the bottom of my tv, without the need for the mounting holes. Or some other solution.

Any ideas, I hope I explained everything ok. It's kinda complicated. I have some images to help with the description.

bg66hy.jpg

2zqrked.jpg

kaies6.jpg

2mrgrvq.jpg

Thats the top mounting device I was talking about, from the looks of it, that will not fit with my wall mount. And the top of my TV is to high.

Either that mount as mentioned above or you can install wood/metal shelf (like "mantel" over fireplace) either above or below the TV.

I have shelf for my wall mounted TV so I can put kinect and other stuff on shelf above my TV.

Thats the top mounting device I was talking about, from the looks of it, that will not fit with my wall mount. And the top of my TV is to high.

Well it says it can be positioned underneath, but if it wont fit it doesn't matter either way.

Maybe you could find some sort of cradle that you can hook onto the bottom of the TV or something, I've looked around but can't really find much that would help you for Kinect, maybe just duct tape it to the bottom of the TV and save the hassle, lol.

It can be mounted underneath, from the design it looks like that isn't possible, where did you read that.

From looking at the back of my tv, it might fit. But there is no way to know before buying it.

The same company has a floor stand, that might be good, but would rather have things off the floor lol hmm

It can be mounted underneath, from the design it looks like that isn't possible, where did you read that.

From looking at the back of my tv, it might fit. But there is no way to know before buying it.

The same company has a floor stand, that might be good, but would rather have things off the floor lol hmm

In the link I posted one of the "Special Features" was:

• Mounts Kinect Camera above or below your flat panel TV

But I don't know how much it is as it doesn't say on the site in my link, so I don't know if it would be too expensive to buy it and just try it out anyway.

I don't think that mount will be suitable.

NSFW :laugh:

Cry and bitch more please! I love how people are so quick to shift blame somewhere else, that whole settup is a mess from the get go even before he got the kinect.

It boggles me how the issue of placement has not really been addressed by any company. Kinect won't work for me due to the layout of my bedroom and the placement of my TV on a wallmount :angry:

Not that I mind - this Kinect stuff is a passing fad, imo.

what do you mean no company, the PDP guys have the official floor mount, wall mount and the VESA mount which attaches between the "wall" mount and tv and places the sensor above the tv,

I don't think that mount will be suitable.

NSFW :laugh:

What a DOLT. Not even worth commenting on. He is so proud of his "5.1" surround that he has a **** load of RCA red/white crap cables on the back of his TV? Heaven forbid he moves his center speaker about 8 inches to the left or right.

One of my tvs has old wall mount, so I was trying to figure out how the hell to set that up properly. And here's what I came up with, all it cost was .0001 cents. :laugh:

You're doing it wrong, everyone knows you should use duck tape. :p

lol thanks guys.

I will probably buy the TV mount from a place I can return it, and see if it works the opposite way, then return if it does not. Or return if all needed holes are taken.

Then, the Stand Mount I guess is the best option, I just hate using floor space when I don't need too lol. Of course before then I will try the Duct tape, but that will only work on the top of the TV, not underneath.

I know (well at least I think) you guys were joking about using duct tape, but as Kinect has a motorised base, it would be no use here.

When necessary I use electrical tape instead of scotch tape.

It's not the base that moves. That wouldn't make sense. The top half is what moves. Taping at the base wouldn't affect its movement.

When necessary I use electrical tape instead of scotch tape.

It's not the base that moves. That wouldn't make sense. The top half is what moves. Taping at the base wouldn't affect its movement.

First up, how did scotch tape get into this convo? :laugh: Just read back and saw that scotch tape has been used to good effect, but yeah, I'd have used electrical tape there.

The motor is in the base, hence it's called a "motorised base". Obviously this moves the main part of the unit when the base is in a fixed position. But he wants the unit under the TV, so he would have to tape the top half of unit to the TV, thus rendering the motorised base useless, and disabling Kinects ability to adjust it self.