Do you support WikiLeaks?

414 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Wikileaks and their cause?

• Yes
    • No

yes, the world turns turns around with nothing but secrets of the goverment these days and i think its time to change that fact,

And Wikileaks are gonna change that? Right...

It's not as cut and dry as yes/no..

On the one hand, there is information they have released which I don't mind them releasing.. But there is also a lot of stuff they release without proper vetting, they don't black out names, etc. Remember a lot of the Iraq documents ? All the Iraqi informants who just had their names published, wonder how many of them are dead now ?

It's a good idea, but I don't feel it's being done properly. Information shouldn't be released where it will risk lives, or other things like that.

they're doing there bit to help, not saying that this 1 organisation can change it but quoting from obama here "1 voice can change the world" and wikileaks is currently that voice

I beg to differ. They are a bunch of obnoxious *******s who love to make war and stir up peace. Every country has secrets and they seem to target only US, making me wonder what their true intentions are.

If they are real heroes, please expose Chinese, North Korean and Russian secrets to the world so that we know which one is worst. I am sure these countries did more terrible things than anyone could ever imagine...

I beg to differ. They are a bunch of obnoxious *******s who love to make war and stir up peace. Every country has secrets and they seem to target only US, making me wonder what their true intentions are.

If they are real heroes, please expose Chinese, North Korean and Russian secrets to the world so that we know which one is worst. I am sure these countries did more terrible things than anyone could ever imagine...

if anyone has secrets its the US

While this stuff is of great use to people, Hell I read as much as I could so far.. I do not believe it is valuable on Neowin. The reason being, Neowin is a technology site, based on computer reviews, OS's, Phones etc. etc. When you bring Wikileaks into this, you are merging things that probably shouldn't be. As a Neowin member for many years, Things were not ment to slash country to country. We are all technology enthusiasts, not out to slash out against another ones country or their way of living. For the posts I have seen since the Wiki leaks topics have hit neowin, people have decided to attack the US, I am sorry.. I am not the one who made the Diplomatic cables against your PM,President or whatever is your country.. Don't tell me my country is ****.... Neowin is about technology..... Not about disagreements about Countries on the main page. You are just going to get into a shouting match.. If you want to go into a shouting match go into betanews.com and go to Joe Wilcox's pages and shout your match. I like my real news and real disagreements about Technology, hell go to CNN if you wish to.

If it is general information that deals with internal US affairs, then yes, I support them. But if they start 'leaking' information that could potentially lead to tensions between other countries, then no, I do not.

I don't think anyone expects them to do that. But I'm sick and tired of governments thinking they can do whatever the hell they like without any fear of being brought to account by their own people. Seeing them sweat is a small comfort, but comfort none the less.

Honestly, I don't know... I don't have a straightforward answer.

On one side, they are documents they shouldn't have.

On the other hand, well, I can't put it in words.

Let's just put it this way, I lean a little more towards the support, but not by much.

people have decided to attack the US, I am sorry.. I am not the one who made the Diplomatic cables against your PM,President or whatever is your country.. Don't tell me my country is ****....

then you should see the world as we see it then, thanks to the US our country nearly went into recession for stuff our country didn't do, we dont order people to spy on the the heads of the UN.

No. They have no regard or accountability for what they leak or what harm the leaked information (whether it be true or false) causes to people, foreign relations, or military or civilian assets.

They don't target anyone, people give data to them, and so far it's mostly been US military folk. Not under their control who chooses to submit info.

It's not as cut and dry as yes/no..

On the one hand, there is information they have released which I don't mind them releasing.. But there is also a lot of stuff they release without proper vetting, they don't black out names, etc. Remember a lot of the Iraq documents ? All the Iraqi informants who just had their names published, wonder how many of them are dead now ?

It's a good idea, but I don't feel it's being done properly. Information shouldn't be released where it will risk lives, or other things like that.

Without reading the rest of the thread, this is basically what I was gonna say anyway.

I support them for leaking information the people REALLY NEED TO KNOW, but not to black out names, etc etc is just stupid and retarded on there part.

Once again you post without knowing what you're talking about. If you visited Wikileaks before simply regurgitating opinions that you read in your local media you'd see that the site does contain documents from all over the world.

Also, it's hard to take people like you seriously when you justify your government's actions by comparing them to the actions of other, less reputable, countries. If America wants to market itself as being the land of the free it shouldn't behave like a petty dictatorship and you shouldn't blame Wikileaks for uncovering your government's failings.

You can only leak what you are given....

As for the question of the topic, yes I 100% support them. They are doing a public service by exposing the misdeeds of our governments. Of course, a word must go out to the brave people who give them the info as well

No. They have no regard or accountability for what they leak or what harm the leaked information (whether it be true or false) causes to people, foreign relations, or military or civilian assets.

Explain to me why these people deserve protection. After all, we are talking about murderers and collaborators.

I think my point is proven... As again this site is a technology site, not a Political site.. This stuff yes in the forums, but not on the main page.