Searching for best NFO viewer...

Question

hi, i know that ther was a topic with it but i don't know where i found it... :-( so please help me about best nfo viewer software if it possible with link to it...

lot of thanks in advance,

ebola

8 answers to this question

Click here to visit the DAMN NFO Viewer v2.0.1

DAMN NFO Viewer is an utility for viewing text files containing ASCII Art (e.g. nfo files). So... if you're fed up with starting some DOS-like file manager each time you need to view nfo file, or ain't too happy with the viewer you use, or (worst case) use Notepad - give this little tool a try.

Features Include:

Shell intergation

Double-click .nfo or .diz file in explorer to view it.

Hyperlinks autodetection

Viewer can detect hyperlinks in nfo and highlight them with the color of your choice. You can also set hover color and specify if you want hyperlinks to be underlined. Click the hyperlink or choose 'Open URL' from context menu to activate it.

Most Recently Viewed [MRV] Files list

Provides you with access to recently viewed files (may contain up to 9 entries). Tip: use Alt+R for quick access to MRV menu.

Reuse Viewer window

You can specify whether you want only one instance of the program to be allowed to run (new files will be opened in the same window).

Copy-on-Select

You know what does it mean if you use mIRC =) For those who don't, text is copied to clipboard right after you've selected it and released your mouse button (selection will flash shortly indicating it's been copied).

Easy Scrolling

Arrow keys scroll window contents instead of moving the cursor.

Drag'n'Drop support

Just drop your file in the viewer to open it.

nfoviewer_v20b.gif

Main Window

nfoviewer_v20b_settings.gif

Settings Window

hi, i'm here again...

so i used far manager for a long-long time cause this is the realy best file manager even it have some little bugs... i started to use pc when the top ms op. system was the dos 3.0 and im not hate the console cause i like a lot command line (in new style: console mode or in lame mod: dos ) application... far manager not a dos application it is a real win32 console mode application... but,! the true thing is that i'm bored to use that weirdly ugly console in xp while most other window is in nice skinned window... this was my problem when i started to use - secondly in my life - windows commander (the first was fault cause i could not use it cause the much lame feature...) so i gave a shot for it but... i try to use it very much but (if anybody not used dos for a long time then i understand that they hate console but i'm not) ... so it's hard...

i used far manager for everything (one application what with a much number of plugins can handle a very lot of things...) registry browse, service browse, ftp, scp, uninstall, control panel and a lot more function...

when i start to use wincmd i saw that a missed a lot of features and i have just one lame file manager what is the best in windows...:(

sorry for the off-topic thingies but these things was cause i seraching for nfo viewer... i hate notepad and wordpad cause the not automated ansi viewer and the lister in wincmd too... cause i use a full windows enviroment in wincmd i can use a lot of ****ing different appz for different things and this is very bad but maybe i can handle it in the future... for text editing i found ultraedit as the best but it is 1,5 megz and while it starting i'm become to zombie:) so this was why i'm searching for a little correct ansi handling appz for nfoz and one really really clever appz for editing texts....

thx for your patience:))))))))))))))))

(and sorry for my lame english...)

bye...

ebola

um, wincmd's lister shows nfo just fine

if it looks wrong just hit s key and it will switch from ANSI(win char set) to ASCII (DOS charset)

just fyi, FAR didn't exist when msdos 3 was around.

FAR was introduced around msdos 5 after Volcov Commander and Dos Navigator. it's nice, it has some good features but using dos console is kinda inconsistent with rest of windows apps.

if rarsoft released true windows version of FAR i'd give it a try, but for now i'm sticking w/ wincmd.