Facebook says my phone is used by another account

Just wanted to enter Facebook's Developer center, and they're (suddenly, already have an app there) asking me to verify my account via phone or credit card. So okay, there's no way I'm giving them my credit card number, and I choose the phone option.

I enter my phone number and I get an error saying that number is used with another account. Which is impossible, but then I remember I already used my phone to verify my previous profile (which I've deleted since -- so much about protecting privacy). So I go to the help center to ask a question, and five minutes later, it's deleted.

Can anyone point me as to whom to contact to get this cleared out. Massively annoyed, and I need the app to make a Posterous with custom domain name work with Facebook Connect pronto.

Well, you already submitted a support ticket with them. Either submit a ticket again to them explaining that you had a previously verified profile that's since been deleted/deactivated, and that you're receiving an error that your number is already being used.

Or just verify via credit card. It's not like they're going to steal your identity because they're unheard of...

Their support system is a wildforest, but I've submitted a "bug", hopefully I get some sort of a reply, still annoying I have to go through this.

I would just pick up a Google voice number and use that, their support system is garbage.

A GV number wouldn't help; It doesn't support shortcode.

Sending SMS from a website like Skype or Facebook to your Google number currently won't be received because these sites treat SMS as if they are sending to an email address, which Google Voice doesn't support. Please contact the other provider for further information.

You need to request to have your old profile permanently deleted. Deactivating an account doesn't delete it, that's probably why your old account is still around somewhere in their DB.

You need to request to have your old profile permanently deleted. Deactivating an account doesn't delete it, that's probably why your old account is still around somewhere in their DB.

I have deleted it, not deactivated. Which is why this whole thing is such a joke.

Their support system is a wildforest, but I've submitted a "bug", hopefully I get some sort of a reply, still annoying I have to go through this.

Facebook's support is horrible. I had the same problem with my profile and ended up using a different phone because I could not get a response from their support department to resolve it. :-\

Facebook's support is horrible. I had the same problem with my profile and ended up using a different phone because I could not get a response from their support department to resolve it. :-\

Well, I guess Mark Zuckenberg is too busy counting his gazillions. I guess I'll have to add another phone number to their database then, grrr.