Which OS is the most advanced?

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which OS is the most advanced?

• Windows
    • Macintosh
    • Linux
    • No Difference

Hold on there, fellows! If this argument scene does not stop, someone's going to get banned here with the approval of the other moderators and administrators! And this is directed to you, krazie! And thanks, ptah, for stating those facts to krazie in your previous post! :)

i tried to install an app last nite on linux and tried to install it on linux for OVER half an hr n never got it installed, on windows and mac that app would install itself, and yes i read the instructions but at the 5th step i was like getting all mad so i quit, and linux isnt that stable nor fast especially in gnome for me

Originally posted by Silvorgold

i tried to install an app last nite on linux and tried to install it on linux for OVER half an hr n never got it installed, on windows and mac that app would install itself, and yes i read the instructions but at the 5th step i was like getting all mad so i quit, and linux isnt that stable nor fast especially in gnome for me

Have you tried that using KDE, WindowMaker, BlackBox, or any of the other environments?

Wach OS has it's ups and downs. I use windows because I like the gamign support and the stability of XP. If I had my choice I would use OSX over anything because it's just all around cool. I have used Linux but the kernel is just a little too slow for me.

But the point is no OS is outstanding to be called the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Christ, the question was "which os is the most advanced" and everyone posted a bunch of crap about ease of use/price/bloatware/etc/etc. The most advanced operating system is UNIX (yes, I'm including linux in there with it...), it's been around a lot longer than NT, and a lot longer than DOS. And it is by far the most stable OS out there. There are probably linux boxes that have been running since Win 2000 server was released.

yet another stupid too general poll:ermm:

you can't ask such generic questions. there are so many features in each OS that you can't possible get anything usefull from this poll.

linux can work with most file systems, does it make it most advanced? no

osx will recognize all present hardware during isntall, does it make it most advanced? no

windows is perhaps easiest to use, does it make it most advanced? no

you have to be specific otherwise you'll get nowhere and everybody will talk about their own crap.

I can't vote either way. But here's my thoughts.

Each OS is different, because its made for different types of users. Each elvoved for a different type of user. Linux for the server Admin, WinXP for gaming if they can get it working, and MacOSX for multitasking, and design.

True enough each of those 3 can do that themselves, but one of them does it better.