Insignia?

I'm wondering if this is a good brand because I found a great deal on a 50 inch plasma at Best Buy today. I don't really NEED a new TV but I can put it in my extra room. So what do you guys think about a 50 inch 720p Plasma Insignia for $549?

Thanks people!

I'm not sure about how good their TVs are, I don't have any personal experience, but FYI Insignia is Best Buy's in-house brand.

I didnt know that, thanks.

At 50" you want 1080p

Is the difference that noticeable?

Suppose it depends on how far you are away from the screen, but at reasonable viewing distances, yes.

It's noticeable on 42" sets and upwards.

Suppose it depends on how far you are away from the screen, but at reasonable viewing distances, yes.

It's noticeable on 42" sets and upwards.

Well that means I might have to go with a 42 inch at 1080p.

Honestly, you'd be better off getting a smaller Vizio as far as quality goes, my friend has bought 3 different Insignia brand electronics and he had to take All of them back for issues. I can't speak for the tv's but that brand seems tainted. And yes you will notice a difference from 720 to 1080 unless you only have a coax cable running to it and aren't planning on doing Real HD...

Honestly, you'd be better off getting a smaller Vizio as far as quality goes, my friend has bought 3 different Insignia brand electronics and he had to take All of them back for issues. I can't speak for the tv's but that brand seems tainted. And yes you will notice a difference from 720 to 1080 unless you only have a coax cable running to it and aren't planning on doing Real HD...

Yeah I have a 32 inch Vizio that I am very happy with so I might as well get a 42 inch for the extra room. Thanks guys.

Its a crap product by a crap company.

I dislike BB. :)

I can tell...

I have a 47in Insignia 120hz 1080p LCD that i purchased less than a year ago, Found out a while after I had bought it that it had been manufactured by LG. It is a Great Television and I have not had any issues with it to date.

Oh wow I didn't know it had LG parts. Well all I need now is 1080p.

1080p LED 120Hz 32" Insignia Tv costs $429 at bestbuy right now. (canada)

There are no other tvs with those specs that come close to that price.

Yes, Insignias arn't the greatest, but they're usually the 'best bang for your buck' option, or people that want a cheap tv can get a pretty decent tv.

If your worried about the brand, buy the in store coverage.

Its a crap product by a crap company.

I dislike BB. :)

Great, here's a prime example of someone that does their research. Bravo sir, you are a dumbass.

I have a 47in Insignia 120hz 1080p LCD that i purchased less than a year ago, Found out a while after I had bought it that it had been manufactured by LG. It is a Great Television and I have not had any issues with it to date.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay?

1080p LED 120Hz 32" Insignia Tv costs $429 at bestbuy right now. (canada)

There are no other tvs with those specs that come close to that price.

Yes, Insignias arn't the greatest, but they're usually the 'best bang for your buck' option, or people that want a cheap tv can get a pretty decent tv.

If your worried about the brand, buy the in store coverage.

I saw a Vizio at Costco here in Orlando, FL with similar specs for about $319. Not sure if it was 120Hz tho.

I have a 40" Insignia 1080p LCD. It is, part-for-part, a Samsung TV right down the the little blue LED at the bottom of the bezel. Even the OSD is Samsung's.

The picture and build quality is fantastic; what you would expect from Samsung. So far, no buyer's remorse here. We've had it for 3 years and it's still going strong.