Xbox Slim Harddrive question

My brother got a 4gb slim and im wondering can i just plug a 2.5" harddrive? And will it work?

No, Fairly sure you still need the Official MS drives or a hacked one.

If you are willing to wait 10 to 15 days for shipping, there is a couple of sellers on Ebay selling a 250gig with the adapter for around 60.00$ USD

Keep in mind to do business with sellers with a high rank and lots of sales like 5000 or 10000 sales.

You still have to hack the hdd with the official 250GB FW or it won't work. You can't just pop in any off the shelf 2.5" hdd.

Related question:

I too have a 4GB slim, and have a 500GB external drive that I use to hold some music and video files, as well as backup my PS3. Can I partition some of that to FAT32 and plug it into the 360?

Related question:

I too have a 4GB slim, and have a 500GB external drive that I use to hold some music and video files, as well as backup my PS3. Can I partition some of that to FAT32 and plug it into the 360?

Well you can but it'll only be able to use 16gb of it, the Xbox would have to partition it itself and I don't know if it also formats while partitioning