Do say "vanilla" or "vanella"?

The vainilla is from mexico is a aplant from the state of veracruz mostly, the natives used to drink it in liquor,,.. its very nice..

here in mexico we say vainilla like Ba (BAsket) -E-Ni (like NIck)-JA (like JAnitor)

I say....... hello FlishFun's Avatar... :o

You like? It took me about 45 minutes to recolor her, mirror her, and resize the image. I don't know if I'm completely done with it though.... ;)

You like?  It took me about 45 minutes to recolor her, mirror her, and resize the image.  I don't know if I'm completely done with it though.... ;)

lol was this the original? :laugh:

mult.gif

anyway, i say vanilla, never heard of vanella either :huh:

If you want to stress vanilla say it "van-illa", but if you are talking during common speach say "vanella". It's easier to say, and in english we have a vowel reduction thang goin on.

Itsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall good!

I said "vanella" when I was younger, but have since corrected that problem. "Vanilla" is definately the correct pronunciation. I grew up in New Jersey if that helps...

I never said "wooder" instead of "water" though. grrr...

Damn, if you are talking in normal speech you are supposed to say vanella! It's easier to say, like "an apple" instead of "a apple", a lot of Russian also uses concenent reduction

ego - evo

vodka - votka

You think this is bad? You really should check out some other parts of the board...you'd be suprised at the amount of useless, dumb threads that are made. :sleepy:

No offense, but why is thread so popular?

All day at work I've seen this thread at the top of the active list, and I'm wondering... Who in gods name of glory cares?

Its only now that i decided to investigate.... :no:

I'm sorry in kidegarten they teach us there are no stupid questions,

Im beginning to think kindegarten was a lie.

This has demolished my faith in humanity, This is a waste of productivity and bandwith ...that otherwise could have saved millions of starvign children in india...

lol jk, (Y)

btw:Vannila,

Anyone who pronouces it otherwise either is high or was beaten by the dumb stick

Lol jk about this too, I understand taht there is a language barreir and .... other stuff... like slurrs that may ..... yea, alter your pronuciation.... :huh:

Edited by EzeWong