[Official] Gaming Setups Thread 2011 (PC & Console)

Welcome to the official Gamers’ Setup thread 2011. In this thread you may post pics of your gaming area, be it PC, console or any combination of the two. You are welcome to post pics that you have posted in the ‘Show us your workstations!’ thread.

There was a Gamers’ Setup thread created in 2004, but to start a fresh there will now be a yearly thread. The old thread can be found here.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

The usual forum rules also apply.

Have fun, and have a happy new year!

ill start by sharing system specs :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-750 Overclocked 3.40Ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5850

MB: Gigabyte P55A-UD5 Rev 1.0

RAM: Corsair Dominator 2 2Gb @ 2000mhz

HDD:

- 3 1Tb Western Digital Caviar Greens for Storage

- 2 64Gb Corsair Solid State Drive in Raid 0

pics will come later on

This is my new gaming rig I built for Christmas.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70

Video Card: SAPPHIRE Toxic Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 2GB (Crossfire)

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Audio: Creative X-FI Gamer

HD: SSD OCZ Vertex 2 3.5" 90GB

HD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB 64MB Cache

Optical Drive: LG WH10LS30K 10X Blu-ray Burner

WiFi: D-Link WDA-2320

Mouse: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Keyboard: Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard

post-8011-0-61631000-1293883624.jpg

post-8011-0-99816300-1293883633.jpg

post-8011-0-22131200-1293883644.jpg

post-8011-0-78117500-1293883651.jpg

It's still a work in progress, but here's my 'man cave'. When my girlfriend bought her house, it was a kitchenette. We tore everything out, laid down some hardwood floor, put up new drywall, and turned it into a mini theater room. It's not in any photos, but right now there's a run-down futon which we hope to replace with a nice loveseat, possibly w/ recliners.

tablez.jpg

There's about 500 or so DVDs on the shelves and a dozen or so Blu-rays. I'm in dire need of a new storage solution as the rack only holds 400. Can't see it in the photo, but there's a stack of box-sets on the floor next to the rack. Coffee table doubles as a 'desk', and a couple bins underneath hold all the console controllers.

gamesx.jpg

Not a huge collection of console games, so they fit in the TV stand. Receiver's nothing special, and the knob broke off when I moved a few months ago. PS3's on top of the 360, kinda hard to see.

consoley.jpg

The PC's the newest addition, and there really isn't a nice spot for it, so it's just kinda hangin' out. But since the FiOS router's in here, the PC and the consoles are all wired connections, so that's nice.

39126478.jpg

Here's the PC. Nothing special, just your basic hidden cable setup. And OMG, is that stock cooling on the CPU? The horror!

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought some new theater-esk couches for my living room... now the set up is almost complete... just need a damn rug! ( and yes, I am just leaving them all disconnected, as it is easier to move them around how needed that way )

post-51448-0-30660900-1296487584.jpg

post-51448-0-38540100-1296487693.jpg

My Turn. . .

DSC07644.jpg

Futon, HP G72-250US 17.3-Inch Laptop, hand built Ottoman.

DSC07718.jpg

Vizio 55" LCD TV w/ 1080p 120hz refresh rate, hand built entertainment unit

DSC07720.jpg

media server running windows 7 with 800gb internal HDD, two 1TB external HDD and 1TB WorldBook (not pictured)

DSC07649.jpg

Ottoman flips open for storage

DSC07654.jpg

DirecTv, Samsung 5.1 audio system, NES, and SNES

DSC07655.jpg

N64 and Original Xbox (modded)

DSC07656.jpg

"Speaker Door" Reveals Wii & PS3

DSC07658.jpg

Accent Lighting with a view from the couch

DSC07660.jpg

DSC07661.jpg

DSC07663.jpg

DSC07664.jpg

DSC07667.jpg

Other "Speaker" Door reveals Subwoofer and where i keep my Astro A40's

DSC07669.jpg

Nintendo Running Super Mario Bros. 3

DSC07670.jpg

SNES with Super Mario World

DSC07672.jpg

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07674.jpg

N64 and Mario Kart

I'll get a picture of my setup when I track down batteries for a camera. I feel like such a non-nerd now though looking at some of those enormous televisions. I've got a 32" which by the standards that I grew up with was just unrealistic and unnecessary. Not to mention it was the absolute largest one that would fit in the back of the car I had at the time. When I moved here I had my car, a couple of uniforms for work, this television, a sleeping bag and a Led Zeppelin bar stool. It pretty well staid that way until the wife moved up here and demanded that we have "furniture", lol. Now I look at it and I'm like, "Eeeehhh, the PS3 would PROBABLY look better on a 50inch".

P.S. Denied, you just gained a lot of cool points for still having an actual NES/SNES/N64.

Part 2

DSC07676.jpg

XBOX

DSC07683.jpg

Wii

DSC07684.jpg

XBOX360 with RF Module Mod

DSC07686-1.jpg

My 360 theme

DSC07690-1.jpg

Flipping Penguins!

DSC07723.jpg

Shelves from Ikea

DSC07722.jpg

Another Overall View

DSC07692.jpg

PS3

DSC07694.jpg

Desktop of media server

DSC07695.jpg

with rotating wallpapers =)

DSC07696-1.jpg

DSC07698.jpg

XBMC for all of my dvd and blu ray rips.

DSC07704.jpg

DSC07705.jpg

733 movies & counting

DSC07707.jpg

it takes care of tv shows as well

DSC07710.jpg

Oh... and i can play the regal movie intro before each movie

DSC07713.jpg

P.S. Denied, you just gained a lot of cool points for still having an actual NES/SNES/N64.

thanks man

Nice set up Denied. Wish I had my TV wall mounted, but just unsure about the ease of access to it and I'm fickle with placement and may want to move it..... Denied, we have the same big screen. Do you find that it makes FPS games a little distracting... Seems like with such a big screen, I have to actually move a little or make my eyes focus on a section of the screen, instead of as with a smaller one, having all of it almost in focus and centered.... Big screens rule, and I love mine, I'm just noticing that little draw back on FPS games.

Nice set up Denied. Wish I had my TV wall mounted, but just unsure about the ease of access to it and I'm fickle with placement and may want to move it..... Denied, we have the same big screen. Do you find that it makes FPS games a little distracting... Seems like with such a big screen, I have to actually move a little or make my eyes focus on a section of the screen, instead of as with a smaller one, having all of it almost in focus and centered.... Big screens rule, and I love mine, I'm just noticing that little draw back on FPS games.

Nope i dont notice a difference at all, you just gotta make sure youre sitting far away enough and it all comes into view.

• 1 month later...

I will be adding mine either today or tomorrow.

Just bought a house 8 months and redecorated it before the wedding.

Hey there folks.

Here is a pic from my Setup...

I am using a 40 inch Samsung 8 series 3d TV.

Right under it in the black place, i got the Harman Kardon amplifier, and next to it I got my PS3. Also on the floor I have the bass. I need to make sure that cable dissapears though.

In the right corner you can see one of the speakers of the Harman Kardon 5+1 sound system.

This is my living room and anything else is actually my wife's taste and design.

I will try to attach a picture from the night time as I have hidden LED light blue to white lightes coming from above, Also I got the hidden regular spotlights. I will take a picture of them too. I find the led really good for watching movies and gaming.

Also the cables going to the 5+1 back speakers are not wireless but I used hidden cables coming under the wood of the floor.

Behind the TV, I used quartz stones that are actually giving me lots of relaxed moments. To make sure that the stones were coming out and make a statement, I decided to go with a different wall color (almost grayish but more bizon like), however the rest of the living room walls are white.

post-364652-0-49301600-1299247297.jpg

Hey there folks.

Right under it in the black place, i got the Harman Kardon amplifier, and next to it I got my PS3. Also on the floor I have the bass. I need to make sure that cable dissapears though.

In the right corner you can see one of the speakers of the Harman Kardon 5+1 sound system.

This is my living room and anything else is actually my wife's taste and design.

I will try to attach a picture from the night time as I have hidden LED light blue to white lightes coming from above, Also I got the hidden regular spotlights. I will take a picture of them too. I find the led really good for watching movies and gaming.

Also the cables going to the 5+1 back speakers are not wireless but I used hidden cables coming under the wood of the floor.

Behind the TV, I used quartz stones that are actually giving me lots of relaxed moments. To make sure that the stones were coming out and make a statement, I decided to go with a different wall color (almost grayish but more bizon like), however the rest of the living room walls are white.

Almost show house quality! Nice room you have there :)

Thanks trolley.

Got married 2 months ago 25th of December.

We bought the house and started decorating it from 1st of September to 10th of December. Took a lot of time and money but it was worth it at the end.

Gaming here relaxes me to be honest

Its just when we have kids, white will be really tough to maintain clean.

Also working with an interior designer from scratch helps a lot to be honest.

Hey there folks.

Also I forgot to tell that all my ps3 games (50+) are stored on the upper small white cabinets. They do not have any kind of handles but they open when you push them. The uppers ones open towards the ceiling and the lower ones open towards the floor.

The bottom white cabinets are for storage of 3d glasses, charges, move, dualshock3s etc....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Will post pics later on =)

The PC

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4,5GHz

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz

GFX: Sparkle GTX 560 Ti

HDD: Corsair F2 60GB SSD, 6TB Storage

Monitors: 2x20" Widescreens

Case: Lian Li PC7

And i got an XBOX 360 Elite.