Unreleased Lindows Screenshots

LindowsOS is not a fake Operating System. It is very real. Something I am def looking forward to, but not for $99. Hell I paid $99 for Windows XP, and I really don't think $99 is worth it for LindowsOS, a no-name OS as of today.

Mike

Originally posted by y_notm

sounds like the anti-linux to me: crash city), more features and 10 years of history built on (NT Kernel has come a long way).

[/b]

Yeah MS still dont got it right ..LOL i just gave up on xp 3 days ago Loving Linux..been using MS software since dos5.0 and tried each and every windows there after.

NWCT

Originally posted by Qarth

i have to disagree and say that I love XP.

I have to agree on you with that one.

I went back to win98 this hols and it was strange.

felt something was missing :s

well looks like SPAM prevailed again.

This shots are NOT exclusive as we reported this yesterday and INCLUDED these shots on the Neowin MAIN PAGE

Funny how many people did not pick up on this.

Originally posted by NWCT

Yeah MS still dont got it right ..LOL i just gave up on xp 3 days ago Loving Linux..been using MS software since dos5.0 and tried each and every windows there after.

NWCT

LOL, Yeah yeah, you'll see yourself running back to mama in a very short time. Linux is NOT that easy don't let yourself be misslead by the KDE or GNOME GUI most important things on Linux must be done on the command line, something not easy for the Windows users we are just used to point and click kind of things, Linux is another story , there you really NEED to know what you are doing and know a million commands.

You said you used dos5.0, well then maybe you are lucky learning the zillion commands.

Good luck I stay with XP and trust me I have also tried Linux and used for about a year on my computer.

Ely

Originally posted by Neobond

well looks like SPAM prevailed again.

This shots are NOT exclusive as we reported this yesterday and INCLUDED these shots on the Neowin MAIN PAGE

Funny how many people did not pick up on this.

Just what I was about to say, 'til I read your post Neobond. :D

I will add though it is very easy to miss some frontpage news if a lot has been posted, I quite often "discover" something from a few days ago when I scroll down, :p .

Maybe you should consider making the Headline View the default, ;)

BIG-455 LOL!!!!

Lindows will never be able to 99.9% run Windows applications. Coz they don't know the Win32-API by 100%.

Anyway... also speed issues. It's like emulating, all Win32-API calls have to be translated into X11-API calls, so apps will be slower in Linux, definitely! Don't mention games then, coz there's no media layer a la DirectX on Linux! And NVidia cards don't feature that DRI thing for XFree86 4.1.0, so they'll even fail in speed against ATI cards which DO feature DRI.

Anyway, by 2005 Lindows is screwed anyhow, because of Blackcomb. People are expecting it featuring a completely new API and an WOW layer like on WindowsNT/2K/XP, but instead of being Win3.1-On-Win32, it'll be like Win32-On-Blackcomb or whatever. So Lindows will prolly not be able to run native Blackcomb apps. And I think MS is going to protect the Blackcomb-API more than the Win32-API, so that other people aren't allowed to create emulators, except by paying a damn high license fee.

Originally posted by Tom Servo

BIG-455 LOL!!!!

Lindows will never be able to 99.9% run Windows applications. Coz they don't know the Win32-API by 100%.

Anyway... also speed issues. It's like emulating, all Win32-API calls have to be translated into X11-API calls, so apps will be slower in Linux, definitely! Don't mention games then, coz there's no media layer a la DirectX on Linux! And NVidia cards don't feature that DRI thing for XFree86 4.1.0, so they'll even fail in speed against ATI cards which DO feature DRI.

Anyway, by 2005 Lindows is screwed anyhow, because of Blackcomb. People are expecting it featuring a completely new API and an WOW layer like on WindowsNT/2K/XP, but instead of being Win3.1-On-Win32, it'll be like Win32-On-Blackcomb or whatever. So Lindows will prolly not be able to run native Blackcomb apps. And I think MS is going to protect the Blackcomb-API more than the Win32-API, so that other people aren't allowed to create emulators, except by paying a damn high license fee.

WHy don't you go to the site and debare this with thr people making it.