MMA Fighter gets visit from Secret Service after calling out Obama

458450687.jpg

A mixed-martial arts fighter has reportedly received a visit from the Secret Service after saying in a post-fight interview he wanted to fight President Obama.

Jacob Volkmann, a fighter with Ultimate Fighting Championship, said in a Jan. 1 interview that he wanted to face off against the president because he disagreed with his health care policy.

"Someone's got to knock some sense into that idiot," he said in the interview, which is available on YouTube. "I just don't like what Barack is doing....I know the health care situation is not good, but he's making it worse."

However, those comments were sufficient to merit a visit a Jan. 4 visit from the Secret Service, he told MMAWeekly.com.

"The guy introduced himself and said he was from the Secret Service and he wanted to ask me some questions about UFC 125 and my quote. He said there were people calling in to D.C. telling them that somebody, me, was threatening the President," he said.

Volkmann characterized the interview as largely formal, and happened because someone informed the authorities he had threatened the president.

"This guy had the whole interview on a piece of paper and it had my picture and everything,? said Volkmann. ?He was like ?Is this what you said?? and I said, ?Yes it is.? He?s like ?I want to let you know I?m a little embarrassed for coming here and doing this because obviously nothing happened.? He actually apologized for coming, but he had to come. He wanted to make sure I wasn?t going to D.C. to hurt the President," Volkmann said.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/136901-mma-fighter-gets-visit-from-secret-service-after-calling-out-obama

People are such nut jobs, omg someone made a comment so I'm going to call the secret service! The people who do that are the ones who sit at home with nothing to do and get books like Harry Potter banned I bet.

Didn't Jacob Volkmann once walk out in a t-shirt with Nazi imagery?

Also

"Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871." Source: Wiki

They have to check up on everything.

First, arch-conservative and middleweight menace Chael Sonnen complete his journey from stardom to oblivion by pleading guilty to money laundering in a real estate fraud scheme.

That judgement earned him a one-year suspension from the UFC, which effectively extends the year-long ban imposed on him by the California State Athletic commission when the urine sample provided after his near-dethroning of Anderson Silva came back positive for elevated testosterone.

A man simultaneously so sanctimonious and so crooked might fit in well at the head of the Tea Party, but is a poor spokesperson for a sport still trying to debunk the notion that it's full of roided up thugs who pummel people for fun.

And this week UFC lightweight Jacob Volkmann made that task a little tougher, using his post-fight interview at UFC 125 to challenge U.S. President Barack Obama to a fistfight.

First, as my good friend and mentor Gary "Gee Free" Freeman pointed out when he first sent me the link, any world class fighter who challenges an obvious non-pugilist to a fight is about as close to a coward as a pro fighter can be. And if he's not a coward, he's at least a bully. Either way, his challenge feeds right back into the stereotype MMA advocates are trying to dispell (see above about thugs and pumelling for fun).

http://thestar.blogs.com/fightingwords/2011/01/ufc-contender-requests-his-next-opponent-barack-obama.html

I wish everyone would stop being so darn sensitive.

Tell me about it. I'm scared at what the future holds if we continue down this path.. Things are just getting too way out of hand.

And it's not just with ppl's comments, it's with everything.. Get over it..

• 2 weeks later...

It's also great to see the US taxpayers money going to good use ha ha, although it would have been awesome had Obama accepted the challenge - imagine seeing the president in a rocky like tale to take glory against all the odds - there's your box office winning film too. :)