Adding An Additional Taskbar

I'm trying to find some way around the start menu and the desktop to post all my shortcuts for Apss. I'm thinking that additing another taskbar (blank withouth the startbar, quick launch bar, clock, and tasmenu would be easiest.

Is there any way of addiing an extra one through some sort of registry hack. I've also looked around on the net for freeware that would do the same but it's hard to find a really good program I like.

I do this in Win2k:

-Make a folder somewhere that will contain all of your app shortcuts (ie. appz)

-Right click on the task/startbar > Toolbars > New Toolbar

-Navigate to that folder you made > Click 'Okay'

-New thingy shows up...drag it off and put it where ever you want....I have mine on the top of my screen.

Hope that helps ;)

I knew there was someway to do this in XP. It takes a bit of guess work since it used to be easier to make a 2nd bar in win95/98. Anyways it works perfectly.

It'll save me from using another app as a launcher bar too which is good.

This has got to be one of the best little tips, adding your own toolbars to the taskbar, I have my music collection included as a taskbar, as well as my apps, it's actually a great way to organise things.

Yes, but the ability to actually add your own task bars has it's advantages, you can then add as many bars as you wish, customising them to your taste.

There used to be a screenshots of someone's desktop, which actually used this feature, posted on neowin a while back, was an excellent example of this feature, not sure who posted it maybe there are watching now and can post again. :)

What I do is to create a new folder with my favourie apps shortcut-ed, then add this as a toolbar on the main taskbar. Here comes the clever bit.... I choose to show the folder name, and then minimise this folder to that it almost beomes a new start menu.

Hey presto.... less clicks plus a clean look! :)