[App] Coda - Need help sorting file menu

Argh! For the love of God please someone help me fix this piece of crap..

Ok, it's not that big of a deal but it's very annoying to me. I like things that are structured and sorted the way I want them, but Coda for some reason won't let me. :cry:

I want to sort this list by file type - any ideas how?

2885v7t.png

Do you mean to have directories first and then sort files alphabetically? I don't believe that's possible with Coda or rather I haven't seen an option. I wanted that with Transmit but it's not possible. Just a pet peeve of mine as I prefer having directories (in alpha order) show first and then the rest of the files (in alpha order).

used to think the same way about this layout, i absolutely hated it and was like "folders must be at the top always", in coda and finder.

Then, I realised that it was years of windows use that had conditioned me to think that way.

I gave the Mac view way a try and now I can't imagine switching back. It's actually a lot more intuitive. If you're looking for a file/folder starting with "P", then they are all together rather than 2 separate lists. It always makes finding by typing work better aswell.

used to think the same way about this layout, i absolutely hated it and was like "folders must be at the top always", in coda and finder.

Then, I realised that it was years of windows use that had conditioned me to think that way.

I gave the Mac view way a try and now I can't imagine switching back. It's actually a lot more intuitive. If you're looking for a file/folder starting with "P", then they are all together rather than 2 separate lists. It always makes finding by typing work better aswell.

What a terrible argument, UNIX has always used this type of sorting files.

Not having a choice is a bad design, too. Doing things differently just for the sake of it is also bad because it confuses users. The design has to be adaptes to users, not the other way round.

Do you mean to have directories first and then sort files alphabetically? I don't believe that's possible with Coda or rather I haven't seen an option. I wanted that with Transmit but it's not possible. Just a pet peeve of mine as I prefer having directories (in alpha order) show first and then the rest of the files (in alpha order).

Damn :( well Transmit for me is ok cos I sort by file size.. so it groups all the folders first the rest of the files by size.. works perfect :D but I cant do that with coda grrrrr!

25aok14.png

Wha? Mac view? Please explain...