New IE9 RC build screenshots

My link

Looks like some minor tweaks, nothing else so far.

Square edges on the tabs and the removal of the stop/refresh/compatibility borders as well as the horrible white line. That it?

Square edges on the tabs and the removal of the stop/refresh/compatibility borders as well as the horrible white line. That it?

There's a bit more to it than just that. The new activex filtering and tracking protection too.

If all you're looking for is UI then I guess so, overall it looks like it takes up less space compared to the beta, the rest is engine and protection features, probably performence updates as well.

I like the new look of the tabs being squared and all. Very clean looking overall. I can't wait until it's out!

If all you're looking for is UI then I guess so, overall it looks like it takes up less space compared to the beta, the rest is engine and protection features, probably performence updates as well.

Fingers crossed for css3 transition support then.

The tabs look great. The back and forward buttons look great. The stop, refresh, and go buttons don't look too good. They don't look like buttons at all actually, just little icons.

People complain too much, they all look the same with some minor changes :sleep: I like it anyway! WHERE'S THE LEAK?!

Honestly I don't mind the design philosophy Microsoft are taking with IE9. In all likelihood I won't be using it, so it does not concern me. I personally think it's quite aesthetically pleasing - I haven't seen any browser quite like it. I'm just wondering if Microsoft are going to keep this as a consistent style in the future, or if this one application is just going to 'buck the trend' that they're otherwise setting.

I had a customer who called me saying he couldn't get into the oracle site for work because it said browser not supported. Well he has windows 7 and was "Having issues" logging into a 401k website so he called them and they apparently had him install IE9 Beta. I was like What the hell? :laugh:

Then again he was telling me he was running XP :laugh:

People complain too much, they all look the same with some minor changes :sleep: I like it anyway! WHERE'S THE LEAK?!

Its out in 2 days apparently, i doubt anyone will leak it.

Ya, the rumored date for the RC is the 28th so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm uins the last leaked build right now, basically the beta UI but with PP7 engine etc.