Uploading file bigger then 800MB - free service?

Anybody know one? I'm trying to put a 800MB file onto my FTP but it's taking ages - is there any service where you know of I can upload to, and then send it to a friend?

Adrive. If it offers the same amount of space as I remember it offering, it'll do the job.

skydrive aka Windows Live Spaces? free 25Gb of cloud storage (Y)

I'd go with that as well, but there is a slight downside to Windows Live Skydrive though; individual files are limited to 50MB each, so you'd have to zip it up and split it into many parts.

they call it dropbox :)

if you are willing to use this service, please let me know in pm so i can give you my referral link and we both get +250MB ;)

Dropbox would be best, no limit on file size other than total capacity being 2GB to start with. Can then get a public link from the uploaded file that you can share.

I share files with my sons with dropbox.. many are over 700MB some even like 1.5GB

To be honest they rarely take more than a few minutes to upload.. I have like 3MB up.. But I believe if the file has already been placed on their servers by someone else you really don't have to fully upload it, etc.