Memory leak in HTML5 Extension for Windows Media Player Firefox Add-on

i leave Firefox open for days even weeks and it does not grow that big but then i limit what extensions/plugins it uses. also why are you using that plugin? is there any need for it? i would think not.

Yeah I leave I never close the browser unless I need to restart the system.

So it may be open for several weeks.

Firefox always will start to eat RAM like a madman when opened for several hours or days, even without a tab open, just hanging there.

4.0 Beta 8 through 10 (that's when I jumped to v4) don't seem to be doing this.

You should close the browser when its not needed. The cold start is feeling is better.

Its sad, but the developers don't seem to give this the priority it deserves.

Firefox always will start to eat RAM like a madman when opened for several hours or days, even without a tab open, just hanging there.

4.0 Beta 8 through 10 (that's when I jumped to v4) don't seem to be doing this.

You should close the browser when its not needed. The cold start is feeling is better.

Its sad, but the developers don't seem to give this the priority it deserves.

Why? I should be able to keep any browser open 24/7 for as long as I want. I don't get it ? Why can't I keep Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IE, Safari, etc open for days, weeks, or months ? I never shutdown my pc.

I rarely shut down my PC but I always close the browser when I'm not using it.

Reason #1: Security

Reason #2: Habit

Reason #3: Energy/resources

Winkey+L

Holding x programs in RAM doesn't take any more energy then holding x-1 does.

Reason #2: Habit

Hmm I don't see any of those being a problem. Sometime is fishy around here if everyone closes their browser after using it all the time. You shouldn't have to do it period.

am i the only one who notices the FORUMS over at http://www.themortalkombat.com/ eat up more and more and more RAM everytime you refresh the page? (like load up a random topic in the forums and just hit the F5 key, let it load, hit F5 key again, if you keep doing that it can jump up RAM use quite quickly when most sites are fine.)

it does this in Stable v3.6 Firefox and the Firefox 4 BETA's.

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft certainly had me fooled into thinking they gave a damn about ideas in this world not directly related to themselves. This Add-on was a promising concept, but like everyone else I had to disable it just to do day to day things in Firefox. That's OK though since I couldn't find a freakin useful task for it.