Sharing MS Points w/Marketplace

So I just bought a bunch of points for my XBOX 360 and wondered if I could use them to buy apps for my Windows Phone 7. Going through the MS KB I found this link MS KB Now I've had the Zune.net acct for years for my multiple Zunes. Ive had my XBOX maybe a year but they both have identical Usernames. When I go into account settings in the Zune software it shows how many Microsoft Points I have but I cant use them to purchase apps for my Windows Phone 7? Seems like you should be able to.

MS doesnt have any credit card on file for me and never will. Read too many bad experiences. So I buy my XBOX points through Amazon. I didnt see anything like a Zune Card there.

(Did a search on this topic and see any results)

BTW I'm in the US

So I just bought a bunch of points for my XBOX 360 and wondered if I could use them to buy apps for my Windows Phone 7. Going through the MS KB I found this link MS KB Now I've had the Zune.net acct for years for my multiple Zunes. Ive had my XBOX maybe a year but they both have identical Usernames. When I go into account settings in the Zune software it shows how many Microsoft Points I have but I cant use them to purchase apps for my Windows Phone 7? Seems like you should be able to.

MS doesnt have any credit card on file for me and never will. Read too many bad experiences. So I buy my XBOX points through Amazon. I didnt see anything like a Zune Card there.

(Did a search on this topic and see any results)

BTW I'm in the US

Not sure about apps but music and videos can definately be bought using MS Points.

Doesn't seem like you can buy apps with points, probably because of the prices, and how it'd round things off maybe? I mean .99c is how many points? I think maybe at some point MS should allow us to do so though, but not yet anyways.

ya after some more research, you can buy music and movies but not apps. surely there has to be a way to buy apps w/o using a CC. As I said before MS wont be getting my CC info.

Purchase an American Express Giftcard and use that as your CC or whatever to purchase the apps?!

Wha, does this work though? Someone should try this and see if it works so people in markets outside of the official ones can buy apps.

ya after some more research, you can buy music and movies but not apps. surely there has to be a way to buy apps w/o using a CC. As I said before MS wont be getting my CC info.

You can purchase WP7 apps through carrier billing if you're overly paranoid about using your credit card :blink:

Wha, does this work though? Someone should try this and see if it works so people in markets outside of the official ones can buy apps.

That might work, but last time I used an American Express gift card to make online purchases such as this, you have to "register" the gift card. That way you can give it a billing address, etc. that can be used when making purchases that require input of an billing address.

You can purchase WP7 apps through carrier billing if you're overly paranoid about using your credit card :blink:

That might work, but last time I used an American Express gift card to make online purchases such as this, you have to "register" the gift card. That way you can give it a billing address, etc. that can be used when making purchases that require input of an billing address.

Well, I can use a US addy I have already, the thing is if the card works itself. The other thing would be waiting for carrier billing as an option but ya, that doesn't apply in the non-launch countries either from what I've seen.

im going to pick up one of those cards tomorrow. I see them all the time at the grocery stores here. ill report back

Sweet, good luck, hope it works.

from windows support "Unfortunately there isn't a way to use those kind of prepaid cards". I'm really trying to get onboard with MS and WindowsPhone 7 and actually buying apps. They are making it tough (on me anyways). If the only way I will be able to buy apps is through a CC then I might just go back to my iPhone 4 until MS changed that. Someone mentioned getting apps through my carrier and billed that way, but that still involves putting my CC info in Zune. Therefore MS has it on file. I wont be doing that.

Still going back and forth with support to see if there are alternatives.

Well here's the final word I guess for now. "Currently apps can only be purchased through a card so the only option we can suggest is to see if your bank provides prepaid debit cards. That way it will have an address store to it but it wont be linked to your personal checking account"