Upgrading from 3GS to iPhone 4

Go for it, as crazy as it is to say it.. the iphone 3G/3GS looks pathetic next to the iphone 4. The screen difference and overall performance difference is HUGE.

You can always sell the 4 and add the extra when the 5 comes out :)

That's even worse than the $649.99 Verizon wanted 2 charge me 2 Upgrade Early 2 The IPhone 4, I Should Also Note That Apple's Website Was Quoting The Early Upgrade At $599.99 For The Verizon IPhone 4! In The End I Was Very Upset That Verizon Would NOT Let Me Upgrade Early So On Friday I Bought The Previously Mentioned AT&T Apple IPhone 3GS And Today I Sent My 2 MOTOROLA DROIDS Back 2 Verizon's Trade In Service! Just FYI!

That's even worse than the $649.99 Verizon wanted 2 charge me 2 Upgrade Early 2 The IPhone 4, I Should Also Note That Apple's Website Was Quoting The Early Upgrade At $599.99 For The Verizon IPhone 4! In The End I Was Very Upset That Verizon Would NOT Let Me Upgrade Early So On Friday I Bought The Previously Mentioned AT&T Apple IPhone 3GS And Today I Sent My 2 MOTOROLA DROIDS Back 2 Verizon's Trade In Service! Just FYI!

Yeah it's $659.99 here in Canada, just for the phone from any cellular provider, absolutely crazy. Btw guys, I picked up a brand new 16GB iPhone 4 for $550...not too bad eh? I gotta say the screen clarity on this thing compared to the 3GS is amazing, a real treat to look at. It also does seem a bit faster when loading apps :cool:

4 Linkin Park: Although I can NOT share the details: I think that you will be much happier with your current phone when you see what Steve Jobs has in store 4 you In Apple IOS 4.3! Just FYI! :-)

If you can NOT wait, you should possibly consider paying the $99 dollars 2 join the Apple IOS Developer Program so that you can get early access 2 IOS 4.3! The Dev's usually get GM Builds first after all! :-)

If you can NOT wait, you should possibly consider paying the $99 dollars 2 join the Apple IOS Developer Program so that you can get early access 2 IOS 4.3! The Dev's usually get GM Builds first after all! :-)

I'm on a developer account actually ;) This thread isn't about the iOS versions though, it's about the 3GS vs 4. :pinch:

OK Then: Is There Anything Noticeibly Wrong With Your Phone? I Just Recently Bought My 3GS Re-Manufactured by AT&T It Only Cost Me $21 U.S.A. Dollars! I Love It Much Better Then My End Of Life MOTOROLA DROIDS!

P.S. As You Have Probobly Guessed From My Previous Post, I AM A Verizon Customer As Well.

Do you hav more than 2 providers in Canada?

Here in the U.S.A. It's Either AT&T, Or Verizon!

Do you hav more than 2 providers in Canada?

Here in the U.S.A. It's Either AT&T, Or Verizon!

We have Telus,Virgin (which is owned by Bell),Bell,Fido, and Rogers.

Yeah it's $659.99 here in Canada, just for the phone from any cellular provider, absolutely crazy. Btw guys, I picked up a brand new 16GB iPhone 4 for $550...not too bad eh? I gotta say the screen clarity on this thing compared to the 3GS is amazing, a real treat to look at. It also does seem a bit faster when loading apps :cool:

You'll be crying in June when the 5 comes out and makes the iPhone 4 look silly to own.

You'll be crying in June when the 5 comes out and makes the iPhone 4 look silly to own.

My bank account will thank me, so I ain't shook.... A cell phone is probably one of the last things on this earth that I'd cry over... :laugh:

iphone 4 not worth it brah. antennagate is very real don't believe people's lies saying it's no big deal. Luckily I use a mophie battery case so I don't encounter those problems anymore. At this point I would just wait for iphone 5 and buy something else to keep yourself entertained.

I agree with cloaked, IPhone 3GS is much better than IPhone 4! You should have waited 4 IPhone 5! The only reason why I bought a new IPhone 3GS right now is that my two MOTOROLA DROIDS were having severe audio problems from having them Jail Broken and installed Ginger Bread on them (Android 2.3)! Otherwise I would have waited 4 IPhone 5 as well!

I agree with cloaked, IPhone 3GS is much better than IPhone 4! You should have waited 4 IPhone 5! The only reason why I bought a new IPhone 3GS right now is that my two MOTOROLA DROIDS were having severe audio problems from having them Jail Broken and installed Ginger Bread on them (Android 2.3)! Otherwise I would have waited 4 IPhone 5 as well!

Sorry about the triple post, network issues.

What is it with the people in this thread...

Anyway, simply put if you're sensible with your money, you would stick with the 3GS, like myself. Yes, the iPhone 4 has better specs and a nice screen, but ask yourself the following questions...

• Do you need to change your phone?
  • Is it worth spending money on and going through the hassle of selling your current phone?

Especially the first one, considering the upgrade path asked here, I would say no, it isn't worth it, at all.

Another thing, iPhone 5... I'm not putting any money on that coming out in the summer, I'd expect the white iPhone 4 more than anything. Think about it, Apple just released a Verizon iPhone. This requires new internals, a new shell design (tweaked) and funding. Apple are also still working on the white iPhone 4. This means that they're working on two variants of their current product.

To me this means that they won't replace the current iPhone this year, maybe next year.

To me this means that they won't replace the current iPhone this year, maybe next year.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't release a new iPhone product this year (and I don't just mean a white iPhone 4). With all the hardware that upcoming Android smartphones will have, it would be silly of Apple not to update the iPhone line.