MS MWC Windows Phone Keynote

that translates to just over an hour away for us east coasters right?

here's hoping for good solid news! i wouldn't mind a "Surprise" up their sleeves

3rd party multi-tasking already announced from @windowsphone :)

MSFTnews today's #WindowsPhone news:Twitter integration, additional SkyDrive support, IE9, 3rd party multi-tasking http://bit.ly/fsXXpw

Hot damn!

Nodo confirmed by 2nd week of march as well

MS demoed multitasking and the new app switching UI, very webOS'ish but it works quick so that's all that matters.

Also all the Nokia Ovi Maps updates and stuff will go to ALL WP7 devices, not just Nokia ones, it'll even make it's way up to Bing on the PC to! They also made a point that these are only some of the things coming, but pretty big ones actually.

In all honesty I was just waiting to see some new phones

Same. I really was hoping to see some new hardware announced. I can wait for new hardware, as long as I know it's coming. Maybe we'll see new hardware announced from individual manufacturers. I hope!

They did say new phones are coming, I think OEMs don't want to talk about them and or are holding off for a few reasons. First off it could and probably would slow down any current sales since people will wait for something better. Second, and probably more related, they could be waiting for this big update (the one with multitasking etc) to go final and then push out new phones with that directly.

If you notice OEMs like to wait for a new OS version to add some value to a new phone, so why sell a WP7 with a 4-6 month old OS if a 7.1 or, by the looks of it, a 7.5 version is in the works already?

Still, MS has other events of it's own, like MiX etc, I expect to see new devices coming, and Nokia will help push WP7 down to lower prices devices as well from the sounds of it.

I'm not worried about seeing a new phone, i think they need to just deliver what they have already announced to sprint and verizon. They may be playing their cards closely so as WebOS relaunch comes up or iphone 5 news gets official or Honeycomb starts landing in headsets they can put some details on the line, but right now, all it would do is slow do their current gen which isn't lacking at all. just wish the tmo phone was avail on att but i'm willing to say around may we will see a refresh once all the network exclusive deals wear out.