Windows 7 Navigation Pane Customizer

main.png

Windows 7 Navigation Pane Customizer is a freeware from door2windows that allows you to show, hide and rename items in the Windows Explorer navigation pane.

How To Use:

1. Run the tool as administrator.
    step-1.png
  2. Check the items that you want to show and uncheck the items that you want to hide.
    step-2.png
  3. Click on the item that you want to rename and type the new name for it.
    step-3.png
  4. Click Apply Settings.
    step-4.png

Now the Windows Explorer will restart and the changes will be applied. If you want to restore the default settings, click Restore Settings.

step-5.png

Download Link

I'm on my CR 48 at the moment, but as soon as I get home, I'm giving it a shot. I've been needing something like this! Thank you! :cool:

One huge potential security problem is that this app self elevates and then when it tries to reload Explorer, Explorer also loads as admin!

Great utility. But forcibly closing Explorer causes problems. I lost all of my tray icons and I had to log off to fix the problem.

Your little programs are top notch but some don't work well with SP1... I take that back, I tried the ones that gave me issues before and they work now. You should roll these programs in an all-in-one solution.

One huge potential security problem is that this app self elevates and then when it tries to reload Explorer, Explorer also loads as admin!

I know I am speaking a bit on ignorance, but I want to know! What is the potential security risk there?

Used this last night on my Win7 box...worked exactly as it says. Thanks for this! ;)

It would be nice if it also had the option of hiding drive letters, or putting the drive letters before the Volume name. Right now, you have to delve into the registry to do it. I've done it already, but this would be a good utility to add such a feature.