iPhone users: How big is the 'Other' category in iTunes?

iPhone users: How big is the 'Other' category in iTunes?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. iPhone users: How big is the 'Other' category in iTunes?

• 8 GB model, 0-250 MB
    • 8 GB model, 251-500 MB
    • 8 GB model, 501-750 MB
    • 8 GB model, 751-1 GB
    • 8 GB model, > 1 GB
    • 16 GB model, 0-250 MB
    • 16 GB model, 251-500 MB
    • 16 GB model, 501-750 MB
    • 16 GB model, 751-1 GB
    • 16 GB model, > 1 GB
    • 32 GB model, 0-250 MB
    • 32 GB model, 251-500 MB
    • 32 GB model, 501-750 MB
    • 32 GB model, 751-1 GB
    • 32 GB model, > 1 GB

I have a 16 GB iPhone 4 and the 'Other' category is currently at 1.01 GB, but I'm not sure if that's standard or not, hence the poll :)

8Gb iPod Touch 4th Generation

post-239772-0-76899800-1299187484.jpg

I said iPhone users. They're similar, but not 100%.

iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1, 16 GB model, > 1 GB. around 1.1ish. But If I erase a couple of files i've download with safari I can easily get it down to 500mb, it's just files i've downloaded, videos, audios, etc.

1.2GB on an 8GB iPhone 3G that I rarely even use now. I have no idea what's wasting that much space, I can sync twice in a row (without using the phone inbetween) and it'll vary between 0.3GB-1.2GB.

iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1, 16 GB model, > 1 GB. around 1.1ish. But If I erase a couple of files i've download with safari I can easily get it down to 500mb, it's just files i've downloaded, videos, audios, etc.

Safari can download files...?

Yes, it's been able to Since iOS 4. Where do you think I get all my mobile pron from? :laugh:

I mainly just download from my fileserver with it, cause it's running Apache2. Makes it easier than using AirSharing or whatever. Works great with VLC Media Player.

Yup and if you JB you can even have a download manager, works wonders!

Where do you think I get all my mobile pron from? :laugh:

+1 :shifty:

I have an iPod touch, not an iPhone, but the numbers should still be relevant: 8GB model, 0.24GB in "other".

I disagree. I'm not sure how large the GSM radio drivers etc. are. They'd be iPhone-only, and would count as part of the filesystem ('Other').

I disagree. I'm not sure how large the GSM radio drivers etc. are. They'd be iPhone-only, and would count as part of the filesystem ('Other').

They can't be all that large, since Jamesyfx's results above are only slightly larger than those of the 8GB iPod touch users (me and KamiQuazi). If you are actually trying to figure out how much space those components take up, then comparing an iPhone 4 with an iPod touch 4th gen would actually be a very good way to figure it out.