Meet Firefox 5.0

uh guys, Firefox 5.0.1 just came out recently.

FF 5.0.1 is barely the same as 5.0 but includes bug fixes most notably for Mac OSX systems.

Mac OS X users who use Firefox should update to 5.0.1. Those using either Linux or Windows, FF 5.0.1 may not be worth it if FF 5.0 is already installed.

uh guys, Firefox 5.0.1 just came out recently.

FF 5.0.1 is barely the same as 5.0 but includes bug fixes most notably for Mac OSX systems.

Mac OS X users who use Firefox should update to 5.0.1. Those using either Linux or Windows, FF 5.0.1 may not be worth it if FF 5.0 is already installed.

2 days later and my FF5 is still not updating to 5.0.1 (saying it's up-to-date in Help). I'm on Windows 7.

personally i left Firefox 5 and went to Firefox 7.0a2 (the Aurora channel) as it's MUCH better on memory use now.

because Firefox 4/5 typically eat more and more memory the longer they are left open with randomly loading and closing sites unlike Firefox 7 which does not and seems to eventually level off around 200MB which is far better than Firefox4/5 which would slowly but surely keep going higher and higher the longer it was in use.

so now that the RAM issues are much better now Firefox is back to where it should have been.

you can download Firefox 7.0a2 from here... http://goo.gl/Dprxg (it's the Aurora one)

p.s. i been using it for about 24 hours now and i am not going back to Firefox 5 to say the least. (i also have around 4 extensions i use and had to force Firefox 7 to use them as 3 of them got disabled once i switched to Firefox 7 but you can force the extensions to work by doing this... http://goo.gl/r6G02 , but instead of where it has "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0" put "extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0a".