Microsoft Resumes Windows Phone Update After Problems

Microsoft is again updating Samsung's Windows Phone 7-based smartphones, after technical problems forced a halt to the program, it said in a blog post on Wednesday. The update was initially announced on Feb. 21, after which Microsoft promised a fix in 3 days. Those 3 days turned it 2 weeks.

According to some posts the new fixed update still sucks and doen't install.

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/02/23/more-answers-about-our-first-software-update.aspx

I have still not seen any update notification on my Samsung focus yet - not the first time and not this time when they supposedly fixed the update issue. I am down to less than 500M on my phone :p and likely to run into this new issue as well.

I have two friends - one with HTC Surround and other with LG Quantum (whatever the AT&T model) - I think they have yet to see any update as well.

There's two things, a few are still having problems with their samsungs, seems like some driver problem so samsung can't write drivers to save it's life still. The other "problem" is more to do with AT&T who seems to not be letting this update go through. If that's the case you AT&T users will just have to wait for NoDo to update both since the rules say carriers can't block an update once a new one is ready.

Samsung needs to work it's problems out, why does it have multiple firmware for the same devices?

Samsung needs to work it's problems out, why does it have multiple firmware for the same devices?

All the manufacturers do, they just differ by their age. The newer Samsung ones have improved WiFi drivers for example.

All the manufacturers do, they just differ by their age. The newer Samsung ones have improved WiFi drivers for example.

Well the problem seems to be down to some driver so in the end someone didn't take all the firmware into consideration maybe. Only way to explain how some Samsung devices updated fine without any problems and others did.