Make Call without unlocking

On BlackBerries you have the option to make a call without putting in your password and unlocking your phone. Is that possible on the new windows phones and even the old phones. I have a pantech duo and would like to do that now, and I plan on getting a wp7 in the future.

Thought the whole point in locking the phone is so that people dont get access to it, if they can make calls it defeats the object?

I thought the point in locking your phone was to prevent you from making phone calls, whether purposely or accidentally?

Is there not an option under the settings to disable the password on your lock?

for emails, maybe access over web/html instead of pop3/imap with browser not rememberin password

files... maybe use skydrive or mesh and the same, don't remember passwords

?

Well I'm not sure about the Windows Phone, but on Android I think there is an app you can get hold of that password protects accessing programs of your choice. Perhaps look for a similar app in the Windows, maybe something like this?

On BlackBerries you have the option to make a call without putting in your password and unlocking your phone. Is that possible on the new windows phones and even the old phones. I have a pantech duo and would like to do that now, and I plan on getting a wp7 in the future.

I do this all the time.

1. enable voice commands with screen locked (settings > speech > Use Speech when phone is locked)

2. press and hold windows key on lock screen

3. and speak = call <contact name> home/mobile/work

I do this all the time.

1. enable voice commands with screen locked (settings > speech > Use Speech when phone is locked)

2. press and hold windows key on lock screen

3. and speak = call <contact name> home/mobile/work

Wow that's pretty cool. I had no idea you could do that!

Wow that's pretty cool. I had no idea you could do that!

yeah and it works pretty well - you can say only first name and if there are multiple contacts, it will list them - speak full name and the call goes through.

yeah and it works pretty well - you can say only first name and if there are multiple contacts, it will list them - speak full name and the call goes through.

that's awesome. Didn't know you could do that either!