Interesting comment from windowsphonesecrets.com

There is no innovation happening at Microsoft.

Except for introducing vector-based hardware-accelerated UIs for mobile phones, unique design and concepts (hubs/panoramas, pivot screens, selector screens) with super-finger friendliness, deed social integration in the OS, unprecedented integration with multiple ecosystems (XBox Live, Zune, Windows Live, Facebook) all at once.

Take it from me, a 5 year Microsoft veteran

Posted anonymously on the Internet - so it must be true!

all the innovation is happening elsewhere. By betting on Windows Phone, you?re keeping yourself from enjoying all the great innovation that?s happening on the Android and iOS side.

So that's why my friends and colleagues with their iPhones / Android devices are amazed by my WP7 phone and comment on how slick and well thought through it is.

If we had to believe all comments coming from so-called ex-[insert company name here] employees, all companies would be evil, not imaginative, nearly dying....

Ballmer needs to go. Not sure if it is him, but either way, the man needs kicked out.

Windows 7 is the fastest selling operating system of all time.

Office 2010 is the fastest selling office suite of all time.

The Xbox 360 won against the PS3, and the Kinect buried those lantern thingies.

Microsoft Research is developping OS projects that would kill competing operating systems (including current versions of Windows) pretty quickly if they were released.

IE9 is the first version of IE since IE6 that critics applause, and that competitors are trying to mimic.

Do you really think the problem is Steve Ballmer?

I was talking about a unique and uniform way of integration from the native contacts and images sections. Android needs a third party UI or application to do just that and many users are left out because their phones won't be updated.

WP7 way of letting you view social updates inside a person's profile, or even write to their wall is really nice and useful. I'm not criticizing Android to any extent, but it is evident that because of the inherent fragmentation, users are and will be missing some some of the new features that can make their phones compete in terms of usefulness and social integration with WP7 and iOS.

And again, it's left to me to point out that 60% of Android phones are running 2.2, and 80% or so are running at least 2.1 or higher.

I don't know if the article is true or not, but today's Microsoft is not the Microsoft of old. Gates would have put all of their massive resources behind something and gotten it done. They would also have kicked butt while doing it. Microsoft today is too much a corporate entity.

It's funny he or she would say that because I happen to feel Windows Phone 7 is better than iOS and Android even in its current form (before the NoDo update).

I must disagree. I find Android more open and innovative than WP7...

Everyone's different!

Two points:

1. If he is "ex" employee, why not attach his name to the post?

Nothing screams "unemployable" as a rant about your former employer all over the internet. If this guy is an ex-microsoft employee, used his name on that, and then applied for a job at Google, there's a large possibility that his chances of getting the job would suffer if they searched for his name.

The complete lack of any specific details screams that this was written up by a troll. Five years at Microsoft and nothing like names of managers, features that were worked on and cut, slipped deadlines? Just worthless whinging about how Microsoft is inefficient and how Apple and Google have, by his speculations, none of these flaws?

Mango being the first "real" update to WP 7 and not arriving for a year past its shipping date with nothing very innovative. We will get Twitter support in the People hub... I'm not sure why this can't be an interim update... We will get some HTML5, but others already have that now. It is really a catch up update to today when we need something that runs past tomorrow.

Mango is slated for Q3 2011, so not really over a year. If you think HTML5 is all that's new with IE9 Mobile, you're wrong. It's the FIRST mobile browser with hardware accelleration. IE9 Mobile will use a nearly identical engine as the desktop version. Mango will also include:

- Multitasking

- Extended language support

- VPN

- Full device encryption

- SkyDrive support for Office Mobile.

Funny cause people keep on screaming "Android fragmentation." Look at WP7 now: some have stock ROM, some have pre-NODO, some have NODO. Carriers are allowed to test updates indefinitely and you can count on them to delay almost indefinitely. Look who's talking...

My Samsung Focus just crashed two time the other day while my HD2 has been solid for years. Support for WP7 sucks **** and there is no 3rd party support available. This article is not entirely accurate but it does have many valid points. Worse yet, MS is the one keeping on screaming "innovation" but in the end, they just follow others' footstep. Compare WP7 devices and iPhone: restrictive, proprietary, no C&P, no multitasking, stricter hardware requirement, etc... It seems like many people drinking too much MS koolaid.

Mango is slated for Q3 2011, so not really over a year. If you think HTML5 is all that's new with IE9 Mobile, you're wrong. It's the FIRST mobile browser with hardware accelleration. IE9 Mobile will use a nearly identical engine as the desktop version. Mango will also include:

- Multitasking

- Extended language support

- VPN

- Full device encryption

- SkyDrive support for Office Mobile.

Q3 would be 1 year... WP7 didn't ship the day it the devices went on sale in October/November. It was shipped to OEMs in Q3 and then shipped to market in devices later (Oct/Nov)

Looking at the NoDo situation updates to existing devices also won't happen on Ship date. It can spend weeks or months rolling out to existing devices.

That being said, I wasn't saying the updates in Mango are small. My point was NoDo is a small update with nothing groundbreaking in it and the "real" update (one with major new features) is Mango.

Funny cause people keep on screaming "Android fragmentation." Look at WP7 now: some have stock ROM, some have pre-NODO, some have NODO. Carriers are allowed to test updates indefinitely and you can count on them to delay almost indefinitely. Look who's talking...

My Samsung Focus just crashed two time the other day while my HD2 has been solid for years. Support for WP7 sucks **** and there is no 3rd party support available. This article is not entirely accurate but it does have many valid points. Worse yet, MS is the one keeping on screaming "innovation" but in the end, they just follow others' footstep. Compare WP7 devices and iPhone: restrictive, proprietary, no C&P, no multitasking, stricter hardware requirement, etc... It seems like many people drinking too much MS koolaid.

youseem****ed