Do you have a Windows Phone?

I'm in the states on AT&T so my choices of Windows 7 Phones are kinda limited but I'm thinking of buying one, I'm currently on a Blackberry Torch and I'm thinking of buying something new/different and don't want to buy an iPhone. Windows 7 Phone has caught my attention but I'd love to hear what people who already have one think of the OS and the phones themselves (minus the nodo nonsense)

The Samsung Focus (available from AT&T) is the most popular Windows Phone device so far. I have the non-US equivalent (Omnia 7) and its AMOLED screen is gorgeous.

You might want to check out some of the reviews of WP7 and maybe watch some videos on YouTube. It's a great OS, extremely intuitive, smooth and snappy and has an app catalogue that's growing rapidly. I'm very happy with mine and would definitely recommend it.

The Samsung Focus is the best in the United States. I wouldn't get a T-Mobile phone with the merge happening in a 1+ years... An at&t phone would continue working, but a T-Mobile HTC HD7 wouldn't I believe. The HTC Arrive looks like a nice Sprint phone. The HTC Surround and LG Quantum phones aren't that great, the HTC Surround is bulky and only perk is the speaker, the LG Quantum doesn't have a great design and only perk is a landscape keyboard. The HTC HD7S is coming to at&t, which has a big screen (screen issues fixed since HD7 model on T-Mobile) and nice design.

Altogether I'd shoot for a Samsung Focus since it has a beautiful Super AMOLED display and good battery life, good design, etc. Anyone would most likely agree.

I have a Samsung Focus and it is probably the best phone on AT&T - the only downside is its built in storage. It has 8GB storage and has expandable slot but adding more storage is hit&miss.

I'm on att and have an HTC surround. I like it. I like the storage on it, main reason why I didn't go with the focus. I will be getting the HD7S when it comes out for att.

I've only had a chance to play around with one.

My observation is there very fluid / intuitive interface, and it doesn't translate well in print / video media.

If you want WP7 phone, your choice is a little bit limited at the moment. I would recommend only the Focus and the Dell Venue Pro. Both are excellent phones because of the AMOLED screen. The Focus screen is more readable under direct sunlight. The rest is just meh...

I'm going to be the Android Fanboy here, but recommend the HTC Inspire 4G for ATT.

Do you have a Windows Phone? ? choose my adventure!

• Like 2

I suggest you go to a retailer and play around with the phones, WP7 isn't for everyone

neither is iPhone or Android but thanks for playing. I am really amazed by people's dislike for WP7 when they haven't used it in day2day life.

I get to play with a TMobile HD7 and an AT&T HTC Sourround at work. I would wait for the HD7 that's coming out for AT&T.

I have the Focus and my wife has the Quantum (because she has nails and needs a keypad). She is no techie and in general it was easy for her to pick up and use. She is now getting into using onenote on her phone and her computer to do shopping lists. Everyone who sees my Focus says how beautiful the screen looks and even without the NoDo update it is buttery smooth

I had an Iphone 3gs before this and I can say that without a doubt I will not go back to the Iphone anytime soon. I like where they are going with all the program overlaps with the PC....onenote, calendar, xbox live, etc....

Just my 2cents

Hello,

I have a Samsung Focus on AT&T and just applied the Nodo update by following the instructions linked to in this ComputerWorld article. I have a Transcend 8GB Class 10 MicroSDHC card installed in my phone which seems to work fine.

Advantages (to me) are: Device is fast. Everything which works, works well. Touch screen works well with fingers. No problems with dropped calls. No problems with bad audio. Good web browser.

Disadvantages (to me) are: Not a lot of software out there. Developers are limited in what they can bring to market due to no native code. Battery life is poor (must charge daily). No direct Outlook connectivity; had to install Hotmail connector and sync with that. Not a lot of third party accessories like cases and screen protectors.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I've got a WM6.5 phone currently, and i've used WP7 phones. My next phone will be an Android phone without a doubt.

The fact my current one can run Android has lessened my hasty need for a new phone though.

I hate to do this but once mango hits I don't see why anyone would not go with WP and pick one of the other 2? Unless you really really just want to take some extremem "open is best" stance as far as marketplace goes.

Of course on the other hand MS should just release some official homebrew/sideloading app and then that argument agenst it becomes void.

Hello,

I have a Samsung Focus on AT&T and just applied the Nodo update by following the instructions linked to in this ComputerWorld article. I have a Transcend 8GB Class 10 MicroSDHC card installed in my phone which seems to work fine.

Advantages (to me) are: Device is fast. Everything which works, works well. Touch screen works well with fingers. No problems with dropped calls. No problems with bad audio. Good web browser.

Disadvantages (to me) are: Not a lot of software out there. Developers are limited in what they can bring to market due to no native code. Battery life is poor (must charge daily). No direct Outlook connectivity; had to install Hotmail connector and sync with that. Not a lot of third party accessories like cases and screen protectors.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I get about 1.5-2 days worth of battery life with 3G streaming :huh: (pre-NoDo) but I don't have any additional card in it. The daily charge thing is common with all smartphones I think and may depend on how much you use phone for talking :p which I don't do that much.

For screen protector - I have one that AT&T sells in store - kind of not cheap ($10 for 2) but works perfectly.

I got a Samsung Omnia 7, unbranded in Europe on 3 (Danish/Swedish carrier)

The phone is really nice, SUPER AMOLED is really great for the screen. Every time I see a iPhone 4 (Retina display) I think it's some 5 year old crap screen, since it's so unclear in comparision.

Battery use is also rather conservative, here again the AMOLED helps as when using the dark theme, black pixels aren't backlit resulting in a more clear black, and more power saving. And as opposed to Android, you can also have wi-fi enabled without running out of battery in a couple of hours.

The physical layout of the phone have a few flaws, the hardware buttons for back/search are to easy to click, the phone's slightly to tall to fit great in a single hand (while using the thumb to navigate on the touch screen). And on the back the battery-cover have a bad layout that makes the phone unable to lay still on a flat surface, rendering it near-useless while lying on a table -- which is really sad, as the screen works from skew angles as well.

I still think it's the best phone I ever used. Combined with the Windows Phone 7 UX, the phone is really really slick, and very intuitive.

Sadly haven't had any of the local females test it out yet, so the sex-factor I cannot tell.