Showtimes "Homeland"

A week after picking up drama pilot Homeland to series, Showtime has released its first advance peek at the series, which starts production in the summer. The thriller, based on Gideon Raff's Israeli series Prisoners of War, was written by former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, Raff and Alex Gansa. It tells the story of Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a CIA officer battling her own demons who becomes convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody (Damian Lewis), a U.S. soldier who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was a setup and may be connected to an Al-Qaeda plot to be carried out on American soil. Mandy Patinkin plays Saul, a veteran CIA Division Chief who is Carrie’s boss and mentor.

http://www.deadline....drama-homeland/

That does look like an interesting show based on the clip. Now that 24 is over, I need something else to fill the void, and this just might do the job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just two weeks after ABC canceled cult favorite V, the show?s breakout alien Morena Baccarin has joined another drama series, Showtime?s Homeland.

The upcoming thriller, from 24 executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, centers on Marine Sergeant Scott Brody (Damian Lewis), who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Anderson (Claire Danes), a driven CIA officer who suspects he might be plotting an attack on America. Baccarin co-stars as Jessica Brody, Scott?s smart, strong wife. She replaces Laura Fraser who played the role in the pilot.

It won't last long, Morena Baccarin is the kiss of Death lets look at some of her history.

V - Cancelled

Firefly - Cancelled

Stargate SG1 - Cancelled not long after she was in it

Which is a shame as I really like her as an actress, she plays her roles really well

• 4 months later...

So did anyone else watch it tonight? I didnt even hear about this show till I saw it mentioned before Dexter. I liked it, kind of reminded me Showtimes other show Sleeper Cell. But like Sleeper Cell they did a crap job promoting it.

So did anyone else watch it tonight? I didnt even hear about this show till I saw it mentioned before Dexter. I liked it, kind of reminded me Showtimes other show Sleeper Cell. But like Sleeper Cell they did a crap job promoting it.

I saw it. The pilots are supposed to be good, that's how network's decide whether to pick up series or not. Let's see how it will play out, but I can't wait for episode 2 next weekend. Shame that season 1 will only have 12, but it is Showtime we are talking about. Here is an extended trailer that hasn't been posted in this thread yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqddY2sOk6U

• 4 weeks later...

I like this show too. Good casting and good plot so far. Each episode doesn't have that "this episode is about this" type feeling. It's just one long book style series.

Last night's episode was a bit meh too. It's either dying down compared to the initial few or the calm before the storm. It's halfway through the season, so they don't have much time to hang around.

Kind of reminds me of the pace of the latest season of Breaking Bad, really slow then it just hits the fan. Show is great and I am looking forward to the rest of the season!

• 3 weeks later...

It's much better than I expected. I'll admit that I didn't have high hopes for the show. After seeing the preview, I expected something similar to 24 which seemed good at first but ended up being less than enjoyable for me. I'm only on the second episode and so far, I'm loving it.

Yeah, after the Rubicon fiasco, I'm not getting involved in anymore of these conspiracy-type shows. Rubicon was so good, the final episode was excellent and they just axe it. Too many plot lines unanswered - just grinds my gears.

Although myself and my wife really did like the show, it ultimately wound up a causality of the cut TV programs we usually wind up having to choose when there is a full fall line up. Especially since I also like to play video games when possible, we just have other hour long drama shows we like more. Dexter, American Horror Story, Boardwalk Empire, and occasionally House as well. Then my wife loves Top Chef, Iron Chef and various other shows on Bravo like Project Runway (those are all usually my available weekday gaming nights). Add those shows to our already established 30 minute line up of shows (Southpark, Beavis & Butthead, Workaholics, Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and a few more), and there is just not enough time to watch all the shows we would want to watch.

Basically out of all of the shows, although Homeland was good, it was not quite good enough to commit. With that said, we very well may one weekend do a Netflix/On-Demand Marathon.

I recently watched the fifth episode and I just can't wait to see what happens next. In a way, I'm glad I didn't watch the show when it fist aired. Now I don't have to wait every week for a new episode.