Showtimes "Homeland"

Hmmm ... Is Saul a bad guy? The ending was kinda weird.

What was weird to you, the prayer in Hebrew? :rolleyes: Dem evil jooz!

I was going to make the 24 comparison as well, but only in the sense that it really feels like they're prolonging it for the sake of it - that, and the fact it was renewed for a 3rd season and another 12 episodes. Another example of American writers only looking for the money and not caring about the quality. What's gonna happen now? Hunting new terrorist leader in charge? Somebody in the CIA a terrorist sympathiser? Brody is still a terrorist? This is gonna get boring, they're just gonna go through the all over motions again.

I was going to make the 24 comparison as well, but only in the sense that it really feels like they're prolonging it for the sake of it - that, and the fact it was renewed for a 3rd season and another 12 episodes. Another example of American writers only looking for the money and not caring about the quality. What's gonna happen now? Hunting new terrorist leader in charge? Somebody in the CIA a terrorist sympathiser? Brody is still a terrorist? This is gonna get boring, they're just gonna go through the all over motions again.

Well, Homeland was created by Howard Gordon who's the same guy who created "24." These issues are bound to happen. Although, both shows had their high and weak points, you can't deny that Homeland is good for staying on television. There isn't any espionage/cia/terrorism show on tv that is as good as this! But the writers did a great job on certain aspects of the story and the bombing did surprise me too!

Very surprising when the explosion happened. My assumption would be that Saul will take David Estes position as the head of the CIA?

Fantastic finale :woot:

For season 3 I'm guessing Brody will go to the middle east to hunt down the new terrorist head for framing him. Although he will get caught/noticed by someone and then the CIA will think he is fleeing back to the terrorists. Just my thoughts....

If you don't like it, then don't watch it. It's as simple as that. It's silly to think that the show should have ended with Abu Nazir's death. That's what you're implying, right? His revenge took everyone by surprise. And it seems to have strengthened al-Qaeda. I love the show and I wouldn't want it to end especially with what happened in the season finale.

What was weird to you, the prayer in Hebrew? :rolleyes: Dem evil jooz!

It wasn't that he was praying. It was that he managed to escape the blast by being on the boat. When everything blew up, the camera quickly changed to him.

It wasn't that he was praying. It was that he managed to escape the blast by being on the boat. When everything blew up, the camera quickly changed to him.

Someone still had to move Brody's car.

There's still the lingering issue Saul failing the original polygraph in season 1.

So, were you satisfied with THAT? :p

Yes and no. Yes -- there was more action than I expected. No -- there was no cliffhanger. There are many questions to be answered:

who moved the car? What will Brody do on his own? What role is his family going to play going forward? What impact will Mira's return have on Saul? With Estes dead, will Quinn have any further part to play? Who is the mole?

There was obviously another person who was never mentioned or given a second thought about. Abu Nazir told Brody where to find the VP's pacemaker info in his office. No other way to know about that without having someone else on the inside. Nazir could have used that person but wanted to use Brody to have him prove himself for the cause. My money is that is the person who moved Brody's car.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched both seasons in four days, I just finished watching the end of season two. Really enjoyed it. But also kind of annoyed I think it would have been better if they had wrapped it up and left it as just two seasons.

Rob, i was kinder thinking same thing to be honest, i watched Season 1 pretty much everyweek, season 2 i had on my pc for ages. So put it all onto 4gb stick, xbox on. watched all season 2 in a weekend, none stop. loved it but think they should maybe leave it as 2 seasons. I can see this being like Prison Break, season 3, season 4. But other then that, Homeland is awesome!!

Rob, i was kinder thinking same thing to be honest, i watched Season 1 pretty much everyweek, season 2 i had on my pc for ages. So put it all onto 4gb stick, xbox on. watched all season 2 in a weekend, none stop. loved it but think they should maybe leave it as 2 seasons. I can see this being like Prison Break, season 3, season 4. But other then that, Homeland is awesome!!

I remember when Prison Break was awesome and then it turned really bad when they went to that foreign prison >.<

Rappy. I'm with you on this. I'm re watching Prison Break as we speak :p on season 3 now. So i have to now watch an intire season in another prison :p

Yeah I mean they could have just ended the season without the CIA being blown up and it would have wrapped it up quite nicely with zero chance of the messing up season three. Which lets be honest has only been made because they will make money out of it.

• 3 months later...

The Season 3 premiere of Showtime's Emmy-winning hit will begin shooting in North Carolina at the end of May. Besides the expected new roles of a senator and National Security Advisor, the series is also casting actors to play psychiatrist Dr. Troy Richardson (for Carrie, we presume); a grandmother named Lois (perhaps Brody's or Jessica's mom will help with the kids?); a couple of girls in therapy plus a handsome young man named Leo (Dana's new pals?); and a fortysomething guy who ends up being someone's one-night stand. Oh, Carrie...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/homeland-season-3-latest-from-tv-guide.html

Loving me some homeland, same guy that does this show was the producer for 24 as well. Yeah, now finally some good shows on TV again!

Hey Showtime, you'll earn tons more money if you make this show 20+ episodes you know!!! :angry:

Loving me some homeland, same guy that does this show was the producer for 24 as well. Yeah, now finally some good shows on TV again!

Hey Showtime, you'll earn tons more money if you make this show 20+ episodes you know!!! :angry:

I'm not sure you are right about this. Extending seasons/shows for too long may actually do the opposite.

Well, I guess, the reason I want more is because it's only 12 episodes. Maybe if it was 20+ then i'd get sick of it already.

Still tho, m000aaaarrrr!!! :woot:.

I kinda disagree. I know most american cable TV is 20 or more episodes, but in some cases (more than not) seasons tend to drag as you keep trying fill in stories etc. I like the shortened episodes kind of like English TV (IT Crowd for my example). That show I believe does ran of 6 or 7 episodes where all 6 or 7 (to me) were hilarious. Then you have american shows that just drag and drag and viewers tend to drop off resulting in a show being axed.