Photoshare - WP7 Photosharing App

This is my first Windows Phone 7 app called Photoshare. It is a photo sharing app that you can take a photo, swap/share it and receive a random photo from another user in the world immediately.

Features:

• Full use of the Metro design language
  • Simple, easy to use and very addictive
  • Photos are filtered for user safety
  • Receive photos instantly
  • Ability to delete all your shared photos
  • Select photos from pictures library to swap
  • New in 2.0 User profile (most popular photo, number of photos shared)
  • New in 2.0 Like/Dislike received photo

Screenshots are available here

Search "Photoshare" on marketplace to download

Any suggestions, feedback or comments?

I would like to see some minor editing options. Such as cropping and exposure adjustment.

what about having a try feature as i dont like to spend my money on a crap app (not saying your is but you know)

Updated to v1.1, changes:

- Improved performance

- Improved responsiveness

- Fixed backend to prevent you from receiving your own photos back

- Added ability to select photos from pictures library to swap

Download: Photoshare version 1.1

what about having a try feature as i dont like to spend my money on a crap app (not saying your is but you know)

I'm thinking of adding the trial. Do you think limiting the swaps to a maximum of 5 before being asked to purchase the app is ok?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v1.2 submitted to marketplace (currently waiting for approval) which fixes a few bugs with swapping photos continuously, plus a few under-the-hood optimizations.

nice app... here's some idea for future versions:

select a category - so i can get photos of nature, people, buildings, etc and not bother with those I'm not interested in... keep it general though - no need for 50's muscle cars - just vehicles in general should be fine.

add a rate/feedback option so that you can start pushing unliked photos to lower sharing

feedback to users... ie. you've shared x photos to y people. your most popular photo is 'this'

oh, and you need a trial version. i wouldn't limit it to just 5 shares though... the idea is to get people hooked on the app... maybe share 3 photos per day for the first week then 2 photos per day for the next week then 1 photo per day after that... if they're still using it at that point the'll want to buy the app and if they aren't they probably wouldn't buy it anyhow.

This is my first Windows Phone 7 app called Photoshare. It is a photo sharing app that you can take a photo, swap/share it and receive a random photo from another user in the world immediately.

Features:

• Full Metro UI
  • Very addictive
  • Simple and easy to use
  • Photos are filtered for user safety
  • Receive photos instantly
  • Ability to delete all your shared photos
  • New in 1.1 Select photos from pictures library to swap

Screenshots are available here

Search "Photoshare" on marketplace to download

Any suggestions, feedback or comments?

It looks like a great app to me. I have one thing to point out though: It's called the Metro design language not Metro UI, so instead of stating "Full Metro UI" it would be better to state "Full use of the Metro design language" or something. On here and on the website :) Other than that, it's a great app and a great website for it.

nice app... here's some idea for future versions:

select a category - so i can get photos of nature, people, buildings, etc and not bother with those I'm not interested in... keep it general though - no need for 50's muscle cars - just vehicles in general should be fine.

add a rate/feedback option so that you can start pushing unliked photos to lower sharing

feedback to users... ie. you've shared x photos to y people. your most popular photo is 'this'

oh, and you need a trial version. i wouldn't limit it to just 5 shares though... the idea is to get people hooked on the app... maybe share 3 photos per day for the first week then 2 photos per day for the next week then 1 photo per day after that... if they're still using it at that point the'll want to buy the app and if they aren't they probably wouldn't buy it anyhow.

Thanks for your feedback canadian. At the moment we are currently working on adding a like feature and a mini profile which details stats such as "you've shared x photos to y people" and "your most popular photo".

We are also trying to get a trial version setup as I have had massive demands via email for this; i'm just working on creating a good working version as the with most trial on limiting photos if you uninstall the app then reinstall your trial will normally start again.

It looks like a great app to me. I have one thing to point out though: It's called the Metro design language not Metro UI, so instead of stating "Full Metro UI" it would be better to state "Full use of the Metro design language" or something. On here and on the website :) Other than that, it's a great app and a great website for it.

Thanks Callum; I've made the changes on the website and the description here.

v1.2 has been approved and should be on the marketplace shortly.

This update fixes the bug "After swapping one photo, further swaps would not be received until the app is restarted"

v2.0 should be released end of next week if no bugs are found. This release is our biggest to date and contains a trial for you to try before you buy and numerous new features and optimisations.

If you have the v1 of the app you and your photos shared will automatically be upgraded to v2 on first launch.

• 2 weeks later...

v2.0 has been approved and is now on marketplace. Changelog below:

- [Feature] User profile showing your most popular photo and how many photos you have shared

- [Feature] Ability to like the photo you have received

- [improvement] Photo views are tracked more accurately

• 5 weeks later...