Youtube like videos when away from PC

Hey

I am looking at a computer for a friend and when you are away from the computer for awhile a screensaver like deal starts playing random videos like you would do searching youtube for random owned/fail/cool/weird videos. It will have a advertisement video and say something about thanking there sponsors and it's yahoo. I ran all spyware programs and found 50 things and got rid of them and still nothing just runs faster now. Any ideas?

I remember seeing this. I forget the name. If I saw a list of installed programs, I'd probably remember.

But why are you so insistent on getting rid of it? It's not hurting. Just go and change the screensaver like you would for any other. O.o

I remember seeing this. I forget the name. If I saw a list of installed programs, I'd probably remember.

But why are you so insistent on getting rid of it? It's not hurting. Just go and change the screensaver like you would for any other. O.o

His mom wants it off and I know its not hurting. Its pretty funny seeing some of the videos. We had to of spent atleast 30 or so min watching the videos. I already tried changing the screensaver it says its on default and when I try to switch it still has the video show up.

I'll have to go over there again this week and take a screen shot to post on here.

Just disable the screensaver than. And have the computer put the monitor to standby in x minute in the Power Management Option setting.

Have you try uninstalling the screensaver in Control Panel?

If it fails than read on.

* LAST RESORT ONLY METHOD!

Looks like a system file broke. Best way to do this is just reinstall the OS.

Get the drivers for the Computer on the manufacture webpage. Save it to USB Drive.

Backup all pictures, musics and documents. Formate and install.

Thats the simplest, headache-less and painless way to solving this issue.

Every computer bought from Dell, HP, and any other Computer Manufacture always come with a OS installation CD/DVD.

Looks like a system file broke. Best way to do this is reinstall. Backup all pictures, musics and documents.

You're suggesting a reinstall already? As far as we can tell, all he needs to do is uninstall the screensaver, which should take less then 5 minutes.

You definitely don't need to reinstall OS !

Don't remember the name of this but i saw this a few months ago

do a scan with Malwarebytes and Spyware Doctor free, this software is categorized as adware (like Pricegong or Zango etc. )

They will get rid of this ;)

OP said he ran "all spyware programs", and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't count as adware, because I ran a Malwarebytes/Spybot combo on the computer I saw it on as well :p