Samsung Focus NoDo is Available!

Yes i know i'm late to the party as you could have done it via hacks i saw listed on the front page. I didn't get a WP7 phone till now for the first time (missing Android somewhat already!) So i finally plugged my phone into a PC cuz i wanted to test out Zune software (pretty nice!) and it prompted me for the Feb 2011 update which i did then it did the March 11 update now :)

post-698-0-33777300-1303235614.jpg

Go get em!

Same here...****ing finally!

Edit: Note, it didn't prompt me on the phone and update showed up only when connected to Zune.

post-62693-0-71661200-1303240018.png

Got it installed a few hours ago. Not sure what the big fuss was all about from everyone. Seems about the same to me. Can't even figure out how to copy & paste (not that I needed it anyhow...)

Got it installed a few hours ago. Not sure what the big fuss was all about from everyone. Seems about the same to me. Can't even figure out how to copy & paste (not that I needed it anyhow...)

for 3rd party apps, it only works in text boxes.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/copy-and-paste.aspx

Now the only ones still waiting are the HTC Surround people on AT&T it seems. I dunno why though, maybe some extra firmware stuff for that one? Either way everyone should be on NoDo before MS releases the new tools with Mango code so people can get to work on new apps in May, probably 2nd half of May.

Yes i know i'm late to the party as you could have done it via hacks i saw listed on the front page. I didn't get a WP7 phone till now for the first time (missing Android somewhat already!) So i finally plugged my phone into a PC cuz i wanted to test out Zune software (pretty nice!) and it prompted me for the Feb 2011 update which i did then it did the March 11 update now :)

Go get em!

Yea, I got the timeout error on the pre-nodo for the Focus. The help told me to go delete the internet, maps and search history and try again. I'm trying again now. Will report back.

oops, this should have been a reply to dhan

Well, just tried it again and got the same error. Now to the next step, the windows phone support tool.

Just finished the Pre-NoDo. The support tool worked. So from start to finish with the error it took 33 minutes. The update itself only took 4 minutes.

Starting the NoDo update now.

Yea, I got the timeout error on the pre-nodo for the Focus. The help told me to go delete the internet, maps and search history and try again. I'm trying again now. Will report back.

oops, this should have been a reply to dhan

Well, just tried it again and got the same error. Now to the next step, the windows phone support tool.

easy way out - what it is trying to do is free up space. I removed all music and had about 4GB of free space...then the update went through.

Just finished the Pre-NoDo. The support tool worked. So from start to finish with the error it took 33 minutes. The update itself only took 4 minutes.

The support didn't work for me. The phone got to the necessary stage but the tool didn't detect it.

easy way out - what it is trying to do is free up space. I removed all music and had about 4GB of free space...then the update went through.

The support didn't work for me. The phone got to the necessary stage but the tool didn't detect it.

When I started the tool nothing happened, I clicked the recover button and a few seconds later Windows detected the phone and Zune started. Closed Zune and hit recover again and it worked.

Just finished the NoDo update, it took 34 minutes and no hitches.

Did a few quick game load tests before both updates and after, just used a watch. Started time when I clicked the tile and ended time when music started and/or options page:

1. Ilomio: 19 sec to 17 sec

2. Scribble Defense: 11 sec to 5 sec

3. Paper Toss: 10 sec to 2 sec

4. Xbox Live Extras (stopped when avatar slid in): 18 sec to 14 sec

If that improvement goes across the entire OS, that's pretty impressive.

I noticed in the camera that Anti-Shake is now on by default....duh! Wish all the settings would save though, why have a "restore to default" when they are always at default...lol

Updated very smoothly and pretty fast (probably a half hour total to do both). Never complained about loading times, but this update is very nice and very fast. Lovin it.

Why is this not on Neowin's Front Page News?!?

Go get em!

Still underwhelmed by this minor update but at least it's here. I did notice that camera settings now save, though video still doesn't, arg.

Anyone notice any other undocumented changes?

One of the more important undocumented changes is that back/home/search buttons no longer kick you out of apps if you accidentally slide finger over them while playing.

Though this is about the Focus, those on AT&T with the HTC Surround I've heard the delay for that is because of changes HTC is also adding in that needed more time to test. New apps it sounds like, so that explains that.