New iphone 4, how to sync google contacts / calendars?

How do I sync my google contacts and calendar into my iPhone 4? I set up google sync in iTunes, but it doesn't let me specify certain groups of contacts, just does them all. I've been told to a) do it in itunes, b) do it with a gmail account on phone and c) setup an exchange account.

I went the exchange account way, and have contacts in google I don't want on phone (ie they have no label in google). As for calendars, I have 2, and my wife shares one with me. The only one I see on my phone is my personal one. My work and one shared with me don't show up. Any ideas?

Don't use iTunes...use can setup google to sync as an exchange account on the phone itself.

utilities>mail,contacts,calendars

add new account>exchange

email: you@gmail.com

server: m.google.com

domain: leave blank

username: you but no @gmail.com

password: your password

ssl: on

Will sync mail, contacts, default calendar

If you have multiple calendars then turn off the calendar sync from above and setup a caldav:

utilities>mail,contacts,calendars

add new account>other>add caldav account

server: www.google.com

username: you@gmail.com

password: your password

advanced settings:

ssl: on

port: 443

url:

http://www.google.com:443/calendar/dav/you%40gmail.com/user

Hope that helps

• 4 years later...

Hi Bodean,

Here's a guide about syncing Google contacts & calendars onto your iPhone 4. You can look and have a try.

Step 1  Go to "Settings" menu on iPhone. Scroll to find "Mails, Contacts, Calendars" option and tap it opened. Then, select "Add Account" option.

Step 2  In the "Add Account" interface, there are several options of mailbox or cloud services for you. Tap "Google" and enter the correct email address and password to log in your Google account.

Step 3  When you successfully sign in your Google account on iPhone, a request will pop up asking you to allow the iOS device view and manage your emails, basic profile info, calendars and contacts in your Google service. Tap "Accept" button. Then, you can sync mail, contacts, calendars as well as notes with Google.

I hope this will do help for you.