PS3 Dual Boot GameOS/Linux On 3.41 & 3.50 & 3.55

This will be good for me, have not used the PS3 in well over a year now, I used to use it for XBMC on Linux which I lost after the firmware update.

Thanks for the heads up.

You know, there is this software, called PS3 Media Server, that gives you all those nice things, all without needing to hack your system, keeping it up to date, and can still play games....

Really, there is no valid excuse to want Linux or OtherOS on ps3. It is a waste of money, time, and there isn't much power to be had out of it. Just use your PC. People act like a quad core proc is something expensive these days....

Yes, piracy is illegal, we got that part. Custom software is not. That nonsense is just Sony trying to curb piracy. (And before you say it, no I'm not condoning piracy in any way.)

Custom software that a) uses any part of Sony's original code, or b) allows end user to connect to PSN, are illegal.

Does anyone want to succinctly explain to me why anyone wants to install linux on their gaming console? I really don't see the attraction to do this at all. I don't understand why Sony ever supported the idea in the first place. I can understand if you like to screw around with hardware/firmware etc. and make things behave or act in a way they aren't supposed to or weren't intended to but this whole Linux thing with the PS3 is just odd. No normal gamer gives a **** about installing Linux on his/her machine. It's such a non issue for the large majority of gamers.

AWESOMEZ!!!

So we can now run slow ass linux on a console that really shouldn't have ever had it in the first place? Whoop! Buy a 10 year old pile of crap PC and it will still run better.

Man, this is utterly pointless. It amazes me that people do this. Waste of time.

Yeah who cares? You won't be able to play any new PS3 games. What's the point of owning a PS3 if you can't play games?

HOMEBREW MAN DONT JUDGE ME :(

Why would repairs come back with higher level firmware? Clue: it won't.

Actually Sony dose do this. If you RMA or get sony to repair a ps3 they will in fact Wipe the HDD and Update it to the latest firmware before shipping it back. Its a mandatory practice for there Repair department to do this.

I know this first hand when my first ps3 Ylod and I sent it to sony for 99$ in repairs. left with 3.41 came back with 3.50

Actually Sony dose do this. If you RMA or get sony to repair a ps3 they will in fact Wipe the HDD and Update it to the latest firmware before shipping it back. Its a mandatory practice for there Repair department to do this.

I know this first hand when my first ps3 Ylod and I sent it to sony for 99$ in repairs. left with 3.41 came back with 3.50

Ya, this is a problem for the Military.. Of course, so is Thinking. They waste money like no one else. When this first started, I thought it was a horrible idea. Turns out, it was. The Military, I think, could have put all that money to a much better endeavor.

The military don't have engineers capable of fixing a PS3? No wonder it took 20 years to get bin Laden.