Need help deciding on a TV

I plan on moving into a new apartment in about a month so I've been using the time I have to research a TV.

I love the new Samsung TVs because of the thin border but I'm looking for what opinions you guys have.

Here's a TV I have in mind: Samsung UN55D6300

What I'm looking for in a TV:

• 55"-60" LED TV
  • Wall Mountable
  • Thin, with a thin border preferably.
  • "Smart TV" - I'd like to ability to listen to Pandora and watch Netflix, VUDU movies.
  • DLNA capable - Ultimately, I would like to have an NAS store and serve all of my photos, music, and movies to my TV and all PC's in the house.
  • NO 3D - personally, the 3D 'fad' is annoying me.
  • 1080p
  • Lots of connections. at least 4 HDMI.

I would like to stay under $2500 after all is said and done including a nice flat wall-mount and taxes.

Please help me decide! :blush:

on a side note..

-I would like more information about how DLNA works. I have a ton of DVDs that I would like to put on a NAS. What format, and with what software can I use to rip the DVDs and store it on the NAS? Will I have DVD covers? DVD menu's? If not, thats fine.

-Am I better off building an HTPC with a pretty XBMC interface, or possibly a jailbroken Apple TV2 with XBMC?

-What would be a good sound system to pair with the TV? I'd like a simple 2.1 system with thin, tall floor speakers to put on the side of my TV stand.

I plan on moving into a new apartment in about a month so I've been using the time I have to research a TV.

I love the new Samsung TVs because of the thin border but I'm looking for what opinions you guys have.

Here's a TV I have in mind: Samsung UN55D6300

What I'm looking for in a TV:

• 55"-60" LED TV
  • Wall Mountable
  • Thin, with a thin border preferably.
  • "Smart TV" - I'd like to ability to listen to Pandora and watch Netflix, VUDU movies.
  • DLNA capable - Ultimately, I would like to have an NAS store and serve all of my photos, music, and movies to my TV and all PC's in the house.
  • NO 3D - personally, the 3D 'fad' is annoying me.
  • 1080p
  • Lots of connections. at least 4 HDMI.

I would like to stay under $2500 after all is said and done including a nice flat wall-mount and taxes.

Please help me decide! :blush:

on a side note..

-I would like more information about how DLNA works. I have a ton of DVDs that I would like to put on a NAS. What format, and with what software can I use to rip the DVDs and store it on the NAS? Will I have DVD covers? DVD menu's? If not, thats fine.

-Am I better off building an HTPC with a pretty XBMC interface, or possibly a jailbroken Apple TV2 with XBMC?

-What would be a good sound system to pair with the TV? I'd like a simple 2.1 system with thin, tall floor speakers to put on the side of my TV stand.

Get the TV you have in mind, it is awesome. I have the earlier models of Samsung TV, LN55C630, and it is still mind blowing. Picture is sharp and clear, and the TV has great depth detail, which can make some scenes seem almost 3d'ish.

you could use HandBrake off http://handbrake.fr to convert to .mp4

as goes DLNA server, Samsung has its own called 'PC Share Manager'. bit rudimentary but it gets the job done.

rest of the stuff, no answer per se.

• 1 month later...