Is anyone having trouble with their phone post-NoDo update?

So I got my Focus, and loved it. I updated to NoDo, and have since regretted it. It's slower, especially while texting, it's flat out frozen on me once, and occasionally it doesn't alert me that I received any text messages- like while I was writing this post I got 8, and it didn't ding once.

Also, short of resetting the phone and re-downloading everything, how can I try to fix this... anyone have any ideas?

No I'm not having any issues, my HD7 is running fine. Are you using a microSD Card in your phone?

No problems here on my LG, it's been faster since NoDo than before. The only problem i've had was basically marketplace going down yesterday but that wasn't phone related.

So I got my Focus, and loved it. I updated to NoDo, and have since regretted it. It's slower, especially while texting, it's flat out frozen on me once, and occasionally it doesn't alert me that I received any text messages- like while I was writing this post I got 8, and it didn't ding once.

Also, short of resetting the phone and re-downloading everything, how can I try to fix this... anyone have any ideas?

Yes I have noticed that too - and I have a Focus (Rogers, Canada) and I have an SD card in there. Of course before the flamers come out saying remove the card, note my phone was perfect before. Now I also get random reboots.

I've got a non-branded HD7, aside from the colour depth issue (which isn't really an issue) I've had no problems.

If you have a uSD card in there, that is a major suspect. All uSD cards don't work and one of the reasons it might have worked pre-NoDo can be that you might not be actually "using " it.

For example,

Pre-NoDo: Focus + 8GB uSD card + ~7GB of content = uSD card is not actually used.

NoDo: Focus + 8GB uSD card + >8GB of content = uSD card is actually being used. <--- All uSD card related problems such as random freezes/reboots/resets will start showing up. Some cards will work upto a certain extent above 8GB (~12GB for sandisk I think) and then go haywire.

I still haven't put a uSD card in my Focus and my phone works as good as it was anytime if not slightly faster.

Yes I have noticed that too - and I have a Focus (Rogers, Canada) and I have an SD card in there. Of course before the flamers come out saying remove the card, note my phone was perfect before. Now I also get random reboots.

microSD cards are known to cause issues with WP7 handsets, which is why the Focus has a label covering the slot warning you about the potential problems unless it's a certified card.

It's possible that Microsoft tweaked something in the NoDo update for better performance which has caused microSD cards that had no problems before to cause issues now.

All Samsung devices are having issues due to the way they track mobile versions/serial numbers.

Microsoft pulled the update for certain Samsung handsets but not others. It's a bit of a mess atm :\

Silly Samsung :\

All Samsung devices are having issues due to the way they track mobile versions/serial numbers.

Microsoft pulled the update for certain Samsung handsets but not others. It's a bit of a mess atm :\

Silly Samsung :\

This isn't the NoDo update we're talking about, it's the security update that was released recently.

Yeah..

I'm talking about the same update. If the nodo update wasn't being rolled out to certain handsets, and the post-nodo update adds nodo + the certificate fix; what do you reckon the chances that these handsets are going to get a working update with post-nodo?

My Trophy7 is running nicely >.<

Just to clarify, I don't have an SD card in my phone, it's about as unmodified as it can be. I did all the updates "by the book" and I only have about 2gb's of data/apps on the phone.

99.99% of the time it's fine, and after deleting a very long text message thread (is thread the correct word?) it seemed to stop giving me problems while texting. I agree though, I feel like Samsung isn't perhaps the best electronics manufacturer right now.

Personally, I have had no issues with v7039 NoDo update, and currently have a Patriot SD 16GB class 4 card in...Have loaded up music, podcasts...past internal 8GB memory, no performance loss, random reboots at all...freezes.

Samsung Focus Rev. 1.3