QPR Avoid Point Deduction

Queens Park Rangers will not face a points penalty this season or next, the Football Association has confirmed.

The Championship club have been found guilty of two charges by the FA's Regulatory Commission, following an investigation into the acquisition of Alejandro Faurlin, but have escaped a points deduction.

As a result, the club will be handed the second tier title following Saturday's home date with Leeds and will take their place in the Premier League next season.

The club had been left sweating on promotion, with a points penalty likely to have seen them dropped into the play-off places.

Neil Warnock and his side can now relax and enjoy their weekend celebrations, while putting in place plans for a shot at the top flight next season.

The Championship play-off schedule will also remained unchanged, ending fears that fixtures could be delayed while the FA pondered what action to take against QPR.

A statement released on the FA's official website read: "The Regulatory Commission hearing charges brought by The FA against Queens Park Rangers FC wish to announce that although two of the charges have been found to be proved there will be no points deduction made from Queens Park Rangers FC in this season or the next."

Source

Good old FA. I wonder if the fact they're owned by billionaires made a difference?

I have nothing against QPR fans or the team, but rules were broken.

As a West Ham fan I feel this is a massive con and just shows how much the law stinks we were punished to prove a point and stop other teams doing this and QPR did the same. :no:

As a West Ham fan I feel this is a massive con and just shows how much the law stinks we were punished to prove a point and stop other teams doing this and QPR did the same. :no:

I thoroughly agree. The FA are a joke. Really can't see a worthy punishment coming of this. I could have accepted a transfer embargo for next season at the very least.

Want to tell you..

Mmm..

No mattre

... What?